Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Happy birthday to Norma Jean

Sisters with preferred drinks, 1995 and 2012
Today my sister Norma Jean has a birthday! I know we all have one, but the two of us are not even three years apart in age and have always sort of been there for each other. Not necessarily in the same town, but sometimes we are actually in the same place at the same time. I'm hoping again this December I'll get to be there with her; I try to visit once a year.

Her late husband Pete took that first picture of us, when we were visiting family at Thanksgiving in Texas. They lived in Florida and I lived in Colorado. Our brother Buz took the second picture, with the two of us (actually all of us) having aged a few years as well as illustrating how we changed from our preferred beer to red wine.

The one constant as we have moved through our days is that we still like to quaff a brewski or a bottle of merlot when we're together. So tonight, after I finish this very tardy blog post, I'm going to raise my glass to her. Happy birthday, dear sis!
:-)

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Norma Jean. Three years apart? How about 11 months? I'm 11 months older than my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy birthday Norma Jean. Merlot is one of my preferred tippes too - and recently someone rude gave me a card which says my blood type is Merlot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. warmed my heart, dear djan. happy birthday to your wonderful sis. nothing better than sister love. :) (yes, i still lurk out here on a few blogs - yours is one that brings joy and appreciation for life.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so fortunate to have a sister. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....you two haven't changed over the years! Maybe hairdos and such, but you can still see the young spirit in each.

    Happy Birthday to Norma Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos of you and your sister! Great memories to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your dearest sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Norma Jean. Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think it is cool that you have stayed so close while states apart. Happy Birthday Norma Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday to Norma Jean!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.