Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Getting rather warm outside

Chicory in front of Bellingham Bay
On Sunday, my friend Lily and I went for a nice leisurely walk along Boulevard Park. Not a fast walk or anything, just a nice stroll enjoying the light breeze and morning clouds. Before we finished, these clouds were gone and it had begun to warm up. I started the walk with a light jacket but removed it once the clouds dissipated. Absolutely, to my mind, perfect weather for being outside on a summer's day.

But today I am sitting inside the apartment after discovering that it's beginning to get uncomfortably warm, with full sunshine and the temperature hovering around 75°F. Any warmer than that, with full sun, and I don't walk around without complaining. I know, I know: I'm a wimp. There's a reason I moved to the Pacific Northwest; the weather is perfect for me most of the year. I do get tired of the incessant rain now and then, but mostly I enjoy it.

Which reminds me: last Thursday we had clouds and cool weather when we went on our hike (no rain, though), but there have been only a few morning clouds like the ones in the above picture since then, but what's coming this week? Take a look:
What is it about Thursdays?
Ever since I stopped skydiving, the weather seemed to change from cloudy weekends to cloudy Thursdays. I had to laugh when I saw this forecast. However, the clouds make hiking uphill much more attractive. I'm not sure where we're headed this week, since the place we have on the schedule is probably not safe yet because of large snowfields on the trail.

Oh, well, you know what they say about how in everybody's life some rain must fall. Sometimes it appears as snow showers, too. But not this week!
:-)

14 comments:

  1. I'm with you about the hot weather. A breeze is always welcome here. This summer is calm with little rain. We even had to turn on the air conditioner for a few hours.

    I shouldn't complain because it will be cold soon enough.

    Overcast for your hikes would be good. Incredible there is snow around still but at that altitude, it is normal I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot weather is not my friend either. Cloud and a breeze make everything more invivting.
    Stay cool my friend across the seas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can keep going when it's warm - not hot - like Monday, if I'm "playing", but I can't work in the direct sun when it gets much above 70. The same for exercise walking. And yet the sunny mornings are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you have Chicory in bloom; we do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chicory is beautiful! Looks like great weather to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on what a comfortable temp is. I worked on my fence today at 21 C which is about 70 F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful lavender wildflowers! Gorgeous photo D J.

    As for weather, I have a friend from Seattle and she once complained there was no a/c in her house because most times there's no need for one...well, there have been times she NEEDED the a/c. Mother Nature will throw you off sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so envious of your "warm" days. Twas 97 in Arkansas yesterday. All outdoor activity stops by 10 AM in the summer. Keep enjoying that cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think our PNW summer weather is perfect! I'm a heat wimp too. But I'm okay with a little rain on Thursday. Think of it this way - it will make your uphill hike more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 75 sounds pretty good. We're getting into the triple digits this weekend... and are being told that it may stay that way for a while. Heat index should hit 105. Thank goodness our AC is working again!
    BTW, really like that picture of the Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 75 sounds perfect! Here in Florida today,it's 93 and feels like 100!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had sooo much wet weather since March till May, that when the hot weather came, I did not complain. I welcomed the hot searing sun and heat... and ran inside to cool off. ha,ha Funny story about the clouds on Jumping Day. ha,ha Have a good hike....wherever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 75 degrees seem about right. We have our indoor a/c set to that temperature. Good luck on your Thursday hike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your photo -- and am impressed by the nice level horizon.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.