Tuesday, February 21, 2017

More signs of spring

Snowdrops
Walking back from the bus stop just a few minutes ago, I saw these little snowdrops (Galanthus) in my neighbor's garden. A sure sign of spring, and the first flowers I've seen coming out of the ground this year. I know that other friends who live in the area (such as Linda Letters in Seattle) have shown many flowers from their gardens, just a short distance of a mere 90-some miles south of us, but these are the first I've seen.
Pussy willows
Yesterday, I saw this other sure sign that spring is right around the corner, pussy willows! Well, it is almost the end of February, so I'm not surprised. It makes me smile to to think of putting on my gardening hat and heading out to my plot, not a minute too soon, after the winter we've had.

Do you ever wonder where dreams come from? I had a vivid one last night, reminding me how often I dream in color. The scenes are so lucid, even now, that it's almost like I had experienced it for real. But I'm pretty sure I didn't really swim in a desert which contained delightfully warm water in large sandy swimming-pool sized depressions. The water was so clear and sparkling that I can still see and feel it. I would go there again if I knew how.
:-)

14 comments:

  1. I never remember my dreams, alas. Yours sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't spotted any Snowdrops, but the Daffodils are everywhere. Sweet !
    I love seeing the Pussy Willow buds breaking....those little furry feet :)
    I had a weird dream last night, I can only remember portions of it, but it surely felt real, and not as comforting as your dream :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious spring. It gives me hope there is life to erupt from under that snow in the not too distant future. Lucky you. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow drops and pussy willows. I love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a cool dream. Do we dream in color or black and white. West coast climates vary widely so gardening can be challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had those delightful swimming dreams too...I think I must have enjoyed my time in the womb:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomorrow we will plunge into spring at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show. I understand that outside it will be snow/raining. We'll have winter a while yet.
    I never have sweet dreams. Any that I can remember are always frustration dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our daffodils are starting to come up. And I heard frogs singing early this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt you will you'll return to that spring in the desert of dreamland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait ... I think I saw you in one of those sandy desert pools last night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine are vivid also and sometimes I am sad to wake up. That desert pool sounds delightful. I have several dreams a night but I never can seem to go back to a favorite.
    We are in bloom here and it is a month early. We are all hoping that we don't get a random freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwwwww, I haven't seen pussy willows for eons!! My mom used to use them in bouquets all the time. Reminiscing here. :::sigh:::

    ReplyDelete
  13. A dreamland full of promise. It won't be long before the crocuses and daffodils follow the snowdrops, then it really will be Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know what? I don't even know if I dream in color. It's amazing that it's already spring in your area. Spring is very far away in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.