Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love stories

Sunrise from my front porch this morning
I walked out of the apartment just as this gorgeous scene greeted my eyes, and of course I had to stop and capture it with my phone. The soft grey clouds being lit by the first rays of the sun, well it was just the perfect way to start my day off right.

When I climbed out of bed to make my usual cup of tea, my partner stirred a little but I didn't think I woke him up. We usually rise at different times, and sometimes he's gone back to sleep by the time I crawl out of bed to start my day. This morning, however, once I got my tea and came back to bed, a hand made its way from under the covers to find mine. We clasped our hands together for awhile, and he whispered, "happy Valentines day." I wished him the same, sharing a moment in time when we were both feeling gratitude for each other and our connection. Love story number one.

Love story number two: I went to the movies this weekend and saw Paterson. Judy couldn't go, so I went by myself. It was a movie totally unlike anything I've ever seen before. It was a movie about nothing much; Adam Driver plays a bus driver who is also a poet and has a wife about as different from him as it's possible to be, but they love each other in a way that is a delight to witness in the movie. If there were an Academy Award for the Most Zen Movie, it would win hands down. I loved it, and I left the theater feeling wonderful. But it's not for everybody, that's for sure. I say that so you know what to expect.
Erica at Avellino's
And finally, love story number three is beautiful Erica, who dressed up today and was there to greet me this morning, with this visage, and a little Hershey's kiss pinned to a grumpy cat cartoon. I am surrounded with love today, everywhere, and who could ask for more? I wish YOU a very happy Valentine's Day, too.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. I loved your love stories - especially the first one! Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great love stories, Jan. Hope you day was as special as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same to you! Loved these love stories, especially yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your love stories, in particular the first one. Isn't it amazing how simply a hand reaching out to take yours can say a thousand things without words. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you can tell a great romantic story! Happy Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunrise! And lovely stories for a day celebrating love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing DJan. That sunrise is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a marvelous sunrise. So sorry that S G probably misses them by being a late sleeper. I loved his surprising you with his hand reaching for yours and acknowledging the special day and you. A sweet love story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bud & I don't do anything special for Valentine's day...we both agreed it's all too commercial Saying Happy Valentine's Day is a most perfect way to show love & respect.

    This was such a positive post!! Beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your love stories made me smile :)
    What a lovely way to celebrate Valentine's Day.
    Gorgeous sunset ~
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing those love stories:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww... I'm so glad you had such a lovely Valentines Day. I haven't even heard of Paterson. I love picturing the both of you holding hands in bed. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.