Saturday, May 21, 2016

Showery but lovely Saturday

Little cuties with Mom
I snagged this picture off the internet, taken here in Bellingham by Pat Buhl, a member of the Whatcom birding group. They are so cute! I tried to get a couple of pictures myself while at Lake Padden on Thursday, but they ran away from me. Maybe I should consider getting myself a small camera with a good zoom. My friend the Furry Gnome mentioned a Panasonic with a 30X zoom, but when I read the reviews, I think I'll look around for something similar to it, but not that one.
Poppies doing their thing in the sunshine
Yesterday when I got off the bus, the sun was out and shining gloriously. Figures: it rains on Thursday (my hiking day), is sunny on Friday, and Saturday it rains again (my walking day). We had been dry for such a long time that nobody seems to be minding the rain. As I walked up towards the steps to my apartment, I saw this lovely picture of my apartment (top) and Linda's (bottom) with everything in full bloom.
Showing my front porch garden and Linda's blooms
That red rhododendron doesn't last long once it blooms out like this, so I was happy to have captured this picture. Maybe later in the summer I'll take another. Notice that the tree that was so scalped two years ago is now looking very good again. I guess they did know what they were doing.

I'm going to a yoga retreat for three hours this afternoon, so I guess I'd better get ready. It's at my yoga studio and is taught by a master teacher, Felicity, who I understand is 83 and still teaching. I'm looking forward to it and will probably write about it on my other blog in the morning.
:-)

17 comments:

  1. go, felicity, go! what a beautiful rhodie bush!

    i have two families of wood ducks on the pond this past month. never had w.d. ducklings before and then i have two batches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your poppy picture ... nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and babies are gorgeous, just balls of fluff.

    Wishing you a great yoga session and sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colourful images of your world.
    Have fun at yoga. Stretch well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice it is to see your home! And I especially love the plants.

    It's been raining here for a solid week - I can confirm that no one here is happy about it. Although we did get a peek of sun today before the rain came back.

    Glad to see the scalped tree came back. It's always heart wrenching to see them cut back so viciously, but it does seem to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So we describe your weather as up and down. It's changing very quickly for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So we describe your weather as up and down. It's changing very quickly for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your apartment and the one below have such nice colorful plants.
    Yes, tell us a bit about yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it that you and your neighbor "garden" even in limited space.
    We toured a garden this morning with our garden group. It rained lightly the whole time, but the umbrellas just added to the color. I hope to get a post up tomorrow.
    This evening the rain mostly held off as we walked to and from our transportation to the Sounders match. We even sat outside to eat our stadium meal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you find a little camera that suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your apartment flowers are looking good. Good to hear the scalped trees have recovered. Resilient for sure! The bright red flowers of that shrub are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely apartment! I often wish I had a better zoom but I am glad to have my cell phone camera. I'm sure you enjoyed your retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful apartment!! Looking forward to hearing about the yoga retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe it is better that it rains on your hiking days and not on your gad about ones. You have all the gear for hiking in the rain but who wants to snap pictures in the rain. Nice shot of your apt. Good to see where you live.
    Eighty three and still working out the youngsters? You go Felicity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am quite jealous of the wood duck photo with her family. I've tried and tried finding a wood duck in our area and get a photo for my wall...to no avail. YET!!

    Love the blossoms. Enjoy the sunshine. I would really like a day of sunshine instead of this gray gloomy weather here. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like seeing your blooms and greenery. Hope the retreat was restful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It always amazes me how the trees in Hawaii come back after what looks like a terrible scalp job. I love the look of your apartment building with its greenery and flora.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.