Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Out and about in Bellingham

Cloud and buildings
I was walking to the gym from the coffee shop and saw this pretty juxtaposition of angles and clouds, not to mention ivy climbing across the building. There was a gull squawking away which caused me to look up. He didn't cooperate but would have been a good addition to the picture.
Wild iris
And on my Saturday walk with the ladies, we passed by Scudder Pond and I saw this lovely wild iris. I think they are called "flags" when they're wild, aren't they? The weather has been just lovely; while it's been pouring south of us in Seattle, we have missed the rain completely. I think it's holding off for Thursday, our hiking day, when we're also having a picnic. Oh, well; it won't be the first wet hike we've had.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the cloud and ivy-covered building, such a contrast.
    Flag Iris like moist soil and are found mostly around rivers and streams.....and yes, ponds.
    Rained here too, and more on the horizon !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. You have a great eye and the wild iris is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some sun today, but now the sky has gone white. More clouds coming tomorrow, and yes, rain on Thursday. The weeds are growing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we've been getting all the rain. But I don't mind, we really need it! Lovely yellow iris - the wild iris have been blooming around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some good color contrasts in your first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that photo - and would gladly take Thursday's rain off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pics.. it's always a good idea to look up at least once in a while. The yellow against the blanket of purple-ish wild roses looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing a wild flower like that iris thriving. Right now our roadside wildflowers are in full bloom.
    Break out your rain gear and have a great day Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great photos! I love bright yellow like that iris, and/but I don't know what they are called, re
    'flags' or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics. I have no idea what wild irises are called--LOL! But they sure are pretty! Take it easy on Thursday and enjoy your picnic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes it looks like a Yellow Flag Iris, usually the foliage is quite large and strappy so the blooms are protected. It is lovely and look at that Ivy go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, DJan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good eye. The angles and color are eye catching. Indeed. And, every year I'm more in love with the flower explosion going on right now. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed my feathered past post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful.

    I'd never know there was such a thing as a 'wild' iris before today. You taught me something.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.