Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Guess when we will get rain

Beautiful sunflower
I was in line at the grocery store when the woman in front of me was buying a bouquet of these beauties. I grabbed my phone and took this shot. It's so nice to have a camera, a fairly good one, with me everywhere I go. And they apparently continue to improve with each iteration. This Thanksgiving I will have had my phone for two years and can trade it in for a new one. You know I will, but I won't be getting the iPhone6+, that's for sure. Too big, if you ask me. You know it's large when they start calling it a phablet (phone + tablet).

And yes, the rain will be returning to our neck of the woods on Thursday. It's been sunny and more than ten degrees warmer than our normal temperatures, and wouldn't you know it? All that will leave late tomorrow (Wednesday) and stay around for a couple of days. Then back to more of the same sunny skies we've had now for what seems like ages!

It was so nice that I went to the Drop Zone on Sunday and made three skydives with my friends. It was so pleasant that Goldilocks would have approved: it was not too hot, not too cold, just right! Then yesterday it was 82 degrees F (28 C) without a cloud in the sky, a little on the warm side for me. Today, however, it's supposed to be much cooler and high clouds have already begun to move in. I don't mind, really; my raincoat has been neglected for way too long. You know where I'll be on Thursday, come rain or come shine!
:-)

19 comments:

  1. That's a beauty of a flower. I would be happy with 28C.. it's just right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unseasonable cool in Texas the last several days,but it's warming up again. I would love every day at 82.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "phablet"...that's a new one for me.

    Here in Texas 82 sounds cool. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear DJan, your enthusiasm for life is infectious! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you got some good jumps in. :) yes, you've had blue skies for a while, now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'd put my money on Thursday as that is hike day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, DJan! Still skydiving!
    I have never used a cell phone camera and probably never will. I feel so clumsy with it.
    I just prefer to use a small Canon PowerShot wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting what you say about the iPhone 6. You're right in synch with the twenty somethings.Our daughter says her friends are passing. It's too big.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read that the Pacific Northwest is supposed to get higher than normal temps. this winter. Dunno know about the precip. Anyway, I agree: Beautiful sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful sunflower! So nice that you have had great weather...it was nice here today about 75 degrees...just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps...nah, I wasn't born in 1942...it was the year Daylight Savings Time came about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had such a great day for jumping. Love your reference to it being a "Goldilocks day." I may borrow that.
    I thought the last set of smart phones that my sisters have were too big. Pretty soon we will be back to lugging laptops around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, my friend! I'm happy to be back and visiting. So glad to see you are doing great and still as active as ever.

    And I'm so glad you are great with your camera. Your photos are all stunning-- Lush greenery, the twin lakes (wow!) and the glacier!!! You really do live in a gorgeous part of the country.

    I would be happy to have some of your rain here in Los Angeles. The drought here is terrible and "green" is all starting to turn "brown". We're rationing watering and I think it's only going to get worse (on the pocketbook). Ad the high temps-- well, I won't start complaining about it here. (But we're near 100 degrees.)

    Enjoy you hikes and jumps!
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  14. The PNW is where my mind goes to when I think of climates I'd most want to live in. My other half says he thinks it would be too rainy, but I say that's what raincoats are for. It sounds like your weather is proving him wrong, anyway. :)
    Glad you were able to have some fun in the clear skies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually like the sound of the rain starting, just outside my window. I never thought I would say that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live in sunflower country and love them. Nice photo. We're enjoying sunny weather as well. Feels so nice to be out in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And here I was today jumping up and down that our high would be a much cooler 82 degrees. LOL! I guess it's all a matter of acclimation.

    That is a gorgeous flower. I just put together a sunflower post for tomorrow. I can't get enough yellow lately.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy flower!
    We've had some cooler days here. Can feel fall in the air. Gorgeous today in the 60s.
    So glad you had a good day falling through the sky and we know you'll be hiking about, too, rain or shine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a gorgeous sunflower! Congratulations on the sky diving. You are so amazing. As for rain, I wish you'd send some over here along with some cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.