Thursday, April 25, 2024

They went out but I stayed home

Driveway lilacs

When I headed out to the coffee shop this morning, I was all ready to hike with the other Senior Trailblazers, but it was raining. Hard. And by the time I went out to join the others at the Senior Center, it was still raining. So, I just decided to call it at day and head off first to do some shopping I'd been putting off, and then staying home and playing some games on my computer, all New York Times stuff.

I was not sure that anybody else went out, but I just got an email from the hike leader that reports three people went a-hiking in the rain. Truly, I wanted to join them but my better self spoke up and said that home seemed like a much better idea.

So, I've been camping out in my living room with my laptop and have managed to give myself permission to become a lackadaisy slug, for today at least. I can't fathom why it took me so long to just allow myself to stay home. I'll work on that little flaw, but hopefully the weather will clear up soon and I'll be back pounding the pavement.

Hope you've had a better day of it. I am happily drinking a beer, even though I didn't exactly earn it! What's the world coming to?

:-)

15 comments:

  1. I can't believe you missed a hike! It is great that you can take a day off and do other things....but I can tell you feel a bit guilty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be one of the first times you ever missed a hike because of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you - and put those guilty thoughts aside. I am sure you will be back pounding the pavement very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I told Tom yesterday, it's ok if we have an easy day once in a while, because we are old. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a good day. Nothing to feel guilty about. You will be out again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be good to yourself, DJan. If not now, when?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain just spoils a walk. I'm with you on that one. I feel very guilty if I stay home all day. Not sure why but I try to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't walk in the rain? For shame. (kidding, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it’s nice to relax and enjoy what is. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DJan, you're smart as you are adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit that I am a slug. A happy slug. Enjoy your day - that is most important.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, DJan! You deserved a day off... especially if it was raining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have discovered the joy of being still inside since retirement. I never could do this before. It's quite lovely. Another cup of coffee, curled up on my sofa on the patio and enjoy myself doing nothing. I still have a tad bit of guilt. But it's getting easier than it was 2 yrs ago when I retired. My friends keep telling me I'll lose the guilt. A type A never loses the guilt.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.