Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Another rose beauty appears

Love the color

While checking out the emerging roses in the Cornwall Rose Garden on Sunday, I saw this one that was not there the day before. It's such a pretty shade and one of my favorite colors. I couldn't detect any fragrance, but that doesn't mean much: I can smell a few roses, but only if they have been sitting out in the sun for awhile. And I realize that there are many roses these days that have little to no scent.
We've got to learn how to not look at creed or color. Look at how beautiful a bouquet of roses looks like - different color roses, all look beautiful. We have to learn how to let our beauty of the color of our roses shine to the world. —Charles Bradley

 I do love almost every rose I' ve ever seen, and strolling around in a rose garden reminds me of times in my childhood when I was visiting my grandmother's home in Bakersfield, California. She had a rose garden that went on for what seemed like acres (but was probably less than one), and I would admire and smell them to my heart's content. To me, roses are a very special flower that speaks to me of almost-forgotten bouquets, of almost-forgotten boyfriends from my youth. 

Then I met and married a man who always gave me bouquets of tiger lilies, and now they have become my new version of a love flower. Nobody can tell me that roses are the only flower that speaks the language of love.

:-)

14 comments:

  1. I love flowers. Period. I don't know that I have a favorite flower. Maybe it's the one that just opened for the first time in my garden. Tomorrow it might be a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiger lilies sound perfect. The rose is a gorgeous colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Linda. I love them all, and my totally fickle self changes that love with the seasons and the moment. A big yes to tiger lilies and roses. And to all blooms. And love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a soft spot for the native roses. They are simple and pink. They are out here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! My husband would bring me sunflowers for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is your color. Love roses, color not important but fragrance is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all the flowers it is roses that evoke the most memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiger lilies are beautiful, too. Gigi Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all kinds of flowers. Wild prairie flowers are embedded in my heart from when I was a child roaming the fields of tall grass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roses are indeed beautiful and if they don't have a nice scent, they don't appeal to me. For me, pikake is the flower of great memories. At proms, graduations, weddings. We would wear strands of them and their scent is just heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like roses, especially very pale pink ones, but as for romance, I always thought that a long stem red rose and a candy bar (chocolate of course) was a perfect romantic gesture!
    And for freshness and atmosphere in the kitchen - daisies or sunflowers...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.