Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Pink stargazer

Wet and beautiful Stargazer flower

This morning, I chose not to hike with the Senior Trailblazers, because unfortunately for me, in yoga class yesterday I tweaked my left knee. If I move it a certain way, it sends a frisson of pain from the knee into my brain. Reminds me of that saying that, if it hurts when you do something, well, don't do it! Hard to follow that when you're hiking up and down Little Mountain, which is where the Trailblazers went today.

So I walked home from the coffee shop in the rain and saw this lovely Stargazer flower, covered with wetness, since we received almost a full inch of rain yesterday and last night. And that was on the one day in the annual calendar which is usually the driest in our part of the country. We are still below our usual annual rainfall amounts for the year, but if I could, I'd send our moisture to California to battle that amazingly huge Park Fire.

This afternoon I get my monthly acupuncture treatment, and hopefully he can help the knee heal up faster. In many ways, I feel very fortunate to be in as good shape as I am, considering my advanced age. I just watched the live performance of the USA gymnastics team winning the gold, and just for a moment I felt energized by their incredible feats. Then I stood up and remembered myself.

I do hope the hikers have a good day, and I only feel just the tiniest bit of FOMO. In any event, I'm hoping to be able to hike on Thursday. We shall see. I'll keep my tumbling routine easy.

:-)


11 comments:

  1. I am smiling at your last line - and having taken a tumble the other day can assure you it is easy.
    Love the lily and hope your knee heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't get nearly that much rain here, and we need it.
    I haven't watched the women's gymnastics yet. I'll watch it this evening. We had Zoom this morning and then we went for a walk in the coolness. Then I watched US Men's soccer and contacted my medical team. I'm requesting knee surgery for next February. Meanwhile my PT wants me to work on strengthing my left leg/hip. She sees that I am making improvement, tiny steps at a time.
    Good luck with your knee healing. I know how much you need to get out there and move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't even think about emulating those gymnasts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's best to err on the side of caution when comes to senior injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can get that pain sorted out soon. The lily is beautiful and just the thing to brighten up your walk home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know FOMO although there is a most excellent chance that I will forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck. I hope the acupuncture relieves the pain in your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that knee pain and sometimes it takes a few days/weeks to get better! I am still sleeping with my knee elevated at night...and that really seems to help. I stopped wearing the knee brace:) Take care don't do too much so you miss out on weeks of hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I had to google FOMO, too--lol! And I will probably forget also.
    Good that you stayed home. I hope the acupuncturist helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I hope this knee thing will pass with a few days rest. I know you have things you want to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made the right choice by taking it easy today! I’m sure the Trailblazers had a great time, and that Stargazer flower must have been a beautiful sight. Here’s hoping the acupuncture helps with your knee and you’re back on those trails soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of inspiration from those gymnastics feats!

    I have just shared a new blog post and I would love for you to check it out and give me your feedback on www.melodyjacob.com. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.