Saturday, November 23, 2019

Holidays are coming on fast

Lovely harp music
This morning I walked with the ladies at Lake Padden, twice around for 5.2 miles. The lovely sunshine of the past few days is gone, with rain expected this afternoon and evening. But for our walk, we had none, nice and dry and perfectly delightful.

Afterwards, some of the ladies went off for coffee, but I decided to do some grocery shopping at our local community food co-op. I walked in to the sounds of harp music, so beautiful to my ears. I went up to the mezzanine to find this volunteer giving us the first strains of holiday music. I can still hear the sounds of it, hours later. It's less than a week before our American Thanksgiving. We'll be doing our usual gifted salmon, squash, and a hefty green salad. I think I'll add cranberries to it this year, for the fun of it.
Randi Eckhoff photo
I found this magnificent picture on Facebook's "Love Bellingham" page and wanted to share it with you. It personifies the beauty of our town at the end of the day. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have moved here eleven years ago, with no idea at all how much I would love my newfound home.
:-)

19 comments:

  1. Shopping to harp music - how wonderful! And that picture is beautiful too (so serene). You are indeed lucky to have found such an ideal area for retirement...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be delighted to find a harpist playing in the grocery store! I love harp music. Our church hosts a chamber music group four times a year, and often there is a harpist. I could listen for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one incredibly beautiful photo. I am so very glad that you have found a home to love.
    Holidays? I am so not ready for them - but a very, very happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love harp music too. It is a sound of Christmas for me.

    Beautiful photo by Eckhoff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular sunset photo! Thanksgiving dinner sounds pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harp music while grocery shopping would certainly improve the experience.
    With Thanksgiving late this year, I started my holiday baking today, and even filled the front porch pots with greens Tom cut today for our wreath making,
    which will also happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photo of Bellingham, and I love harp music, so relaxing and mystical.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is good! Good music. Good company. Good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cranberries are great in salad.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something almost heavenly about harp music. No wonder they always talk about angels playing harps in heaven--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful sunset indeed! You truly live in a magical, magnificent area of USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love harp music, too. I invited a trio of symphony musicians to perform in my home back in 1993. Harp, viola and flute. My friends, family and I adored the harp especially.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunny and nice here in Florida. Walking on the beach. But soon it's back to reality in the Northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harp is too big city for us here in the boonies. Glad you enjoyed the music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a cousin who played the harp and always thought she knew something the rest of us didn't
    Amazing shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That’s absolutely gorgeous, DJan. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving. Your feast will probably be more like the early Thanksgiving than what we eat today.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.