Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Hoping I'll be ready

Mt. Shuksan from Ptarmigan Ridge
One of the people who was on the Trailblazers' hike on Ptarmigan Ridge last Thursday posted this incredible picture, and I gazed at it with longing, wishing I could have been one of the hikers. It was a gorgeous day, not too hot, with lots of views. I've been at this spot many times over the years, and it's only about a five-mile round trip from Artist Point to this place. I'm hoping that in a few weeks, when the other Trailblazer group does this, I'll be able to join them. It is scheduled on September 19, and I can only hope the weather is this fine.

I've missed so many hikes so far this summer, because of my fall on the Damfino Lakes hike in early July and the subsequent tailbone injury. I've only made one attempt since that one, and it was really difficult. I keep thinking I'm better and then push myself too soon, and then I'm injured again.

In an hour, I'll leave for my appointment with the acupuncturist, and hopefully he'll tell me that it might be okay for me to hike with the Trailblazers this coming Thursday. It's not a really hard hike, and I've done it plenty of times before and know exactly what to expect. But I'll let him tell me whether I can probably do it without further injury. And be willing to stand down if he thinks I should. Not happily, though.
:-(

13 comments:

  1. Hope you get to go but don’t push it as you’ve said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Tightly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he gives you the all clear !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. September weather is usually lovely here. I hope you get to go play in your mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you got good news and that the hike is incident free! I shall be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you luck in getting to go on the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo. Tempting to hike. Good luck with the next hike should you get the green light from your acupuncturist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If he does say okay I hope you take it slow and easy--and stop if you need to. I know you don't want to be cut off from hiking for the rest of the season. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a view. Sure hope you can but only if he gives you the go ahead. You sure don't want to set yourself back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can feel your longing to get back to your routine hikes. Keeping my fingers crossed you get an 'okay'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photo! I can sure understand your longing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.