Saturday, September 14, 2019

Cloudy with a few showers

Photo by Lindsey Coutts
It rained most of the night, I could hear it outside my window. When I awoke, it was pretty much gone, but I waffled about whether or not to go walking with the ladies (and one man). I decided that heck, how bad could it be, with the forecast to be "cloudy with a few showers."

However, on the way to the meetup place, I needed to use my windshield wipers, and I wasn't sure I'd made the right decision. I went anyway, and enjoyed myself thoroughly, even though the heavy mist could actually have been called "a light rain" at the beginning. But not long after we started, it just remained cloudy, and the showers stayed away.

It's definitely not summer anymore, no matter what the calendar says. I can only hope that we will have an extended Indian Summer in our future somewhere, before winter comes to stay. All in all, a lovely cloudy day. And I got my walk in, and my knee behaved for the entire five-mile distance!
:-)

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad your knee behaved and is no longer 'bossing you about'. Still jealous of your rain though. Very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the knee and the rain staying away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how many times have I thought, on the way there, that I wasn't making the right decision ... and then I went anyway, and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that the knee is cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was chilly at Irene's soccer game at mid day today, but so far no rain here. Tom picked tomatoes, I picked flowers to arrange. Looks like it will be wet for the sounders match tomorrow though. I really wanted one more warm, dry Sounders match this season.
    I need to get back to walking. I guess it's time to switch to morning walking instead of evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year I think we don't want fall or winter as we've had very poor summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for a good walk...cold and rainy here again too:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and I can't wait for winter here. Lol

    You walked 5 miles? That is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like nice weather to me! Here in Florida, its still in the 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your knee is behaving nicely for the long walking trips--hurray!

    Been chilly and rainy here, but supposed to have 2-3 days in the low 80s starting today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are certainly a dedicated walker. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All right. Aren't you happy when you waver on a decision and find out the one you settle on was the right one? We are still in the mid nineties here. Looking forward to some cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely view!

    Summer is pretty much done here now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear DJan, wonderful news about your knee holding up! Peace.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.