Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Well, that was no fun

Snagged from the internet
I went to bed Saturday night feeling pretty good, except for a little scratchy throat. In the morning, however, I woke up with a full-blown sneeze session. Once I spent some time in the coffee shop, I realized what I could not deny: I was sick with a cold. So, I went home and snuggled up under a warm blankie and ingested some cold medicine. If it had not been for these drugs and hot tea, there would have been no way for me to get through the next two nights with any sleep at all.

At first, I thought it was just a simple cold, but I felt so awful that I began to wonder if maybe I had the flu. But this morning, after two bad days, I woke feeling so much better! At the coffee shop, John commented that I looked like I must be feeling better, and then I went off to my yoga class, the first of the new semester. I knew it would be an easy one (the semester starts off easy and gets harder as the weeks go by) and sure enough, I did just fine.

Now I'm home, and after having had a nice lunch and settling in to write my Tuesday post, I think I can safely say I'm on the mend. If it's not one thing, it's another, it seems. My knee feels good, and if all goes as planned, I should be able to tackle the Thursday hike. Fingers and toes crossed.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. I am very, very glad to hear you are feeling better, and will tightly cross my fingers and toes for your Thursday hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are 'on the mend', DJan... and that whatever it was didn't last more than 48 hours. But remember flu season is almost here... so get your flu shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to read you are on the mend, and hopefully it will stay that way.
    I've been under the weather myself this week, same stuff, and my granddaughter nurse tells me they are already seeing flu cases in her hospital :(
    Sending healing wishes your way dear friend.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some virus was floating around out there, just looking for a home, and you were it. Take it easy tomorrow and you should be good to go on Thursday. That is if the knee agrees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I get a cold, the worst of it goes away in twenty four hours, but I can have a sore throat for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a streak of bad luck with health lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every September I managed to get a “back to school” cold. I haven’t missed that part of life as an educator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you can cross you're toes like that ... you're in tip top shape & can do ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, so sorry you had the creeping crud but so glad it only had a two day lifespan. Hum, think I'll get my flu shot a little early this year. Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that was it and you make it on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, good for you. I am glad you found a way to get cured so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear it was a cold and not the flu. Enjoy your hike this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you handled that cold quite well. There's no keeping you down.
    I have been sneezing, but it's fall allergies. I have no idea what I'm allergic to in the fall, but it happens every year now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got a sore throat early this morning, felt rotten...took lots of Zicam and now I just have a cough the sore throat is mostly gone. Sure hope my husband doesn't get it. I think Fall colds are going around:(

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.