Saturday, April 22, 2017

Earth Day 2017

Me and Judy at the Science March
This morning Lily and I decided to take ourselves on a different walk than the ladies' scheduled walk at Galbraith Mountain. We walked from the coffee shop to Fairhaven and back, about five miles, at a moderate pace, and then she went home while I joined my friend Judy for the planned March for Science happening today all over the world.

We borrowed the signs from the Democrats booth, where they had made plenty to share, and they only asked that we return them after the march. That was easy, since what do you do with one of these signs afterwards? It was perfect! The turnout was pretty good here, too, even though it began to rain as we listened to the speeches that preceded the march. I think we were sort of in the middle of the pack, and then as we reached our starting point, looking back I could see that there were plenty of people still marching behind us.
Marchers in the rain
I took this picture after we finished, and if you look through the crowd you can see marchers in the distance. Although it was hard to estimate the size of the crowd, considering the weather it was a fantastic turnout. And I did my part for Earth Day 2017!
:-)

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much.
    I really, really hope that we learn - and can have many more Earth days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you participated in the march. The more of us out there, the stronger our message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for stepping out and publicizing and supporting Earth Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't hear much about earth day up here. I picked up sticks in the yard for my earth day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a family event, which i will post about, or I would have participated in a march too. I'm glad you participated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's terrific. Glad to see you are engaged in this type of event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've never needed an earth day more than this year! I admire you for doing all that walking in one day (at your age, lol). Give yourself a glass of wine to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dagan. Leah, Ian and I walked down to the cottonwood tree and back--which is about as far as this gramma can walk easily. Ian and I gave the tree a hug. Ian said the tree said thank you, so he insisted that we give it a kiss, too. Happy Earth Day it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Proud of you!!! Sure wish we would have had a march here so I could have put my two feet in. As I read somewhere, there is no Planet B so we had better get serious about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for marching! As a female civil engineer I'm totally appalled at our current administration's disrespect for anything scientific.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, DJan! We Marched for Science too and I'm so glad we did. Wasn't it awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! In trump world, they must be figuring they'll all move into bunker. That's their planet B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard to believe in the 21st century science and real truth needs to be defended. But there it is.... You did good DJan....:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bud and I always plant something...afterall it helps the environment and the carbon to have plants that need that to survive.

    Happy Smiles from the two of you.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.