Saturday, November 22, 2014

What to do about cookies

No, not these cookies
The other day I was reading one of my blog friend's post about instant underwear: just open this little package and out comes a tiny pair of underwear that only needs water added to make them expand and wearable. They made me laugh, and I thought they might be a fun gag gift to order for the holidays to surprise someone. So I went over to Amazon and searched for them. Sure enough, there were the exact same ones that she had shown on her blog post, which she entitled "In Case of Dire Rear."

Well, you know what kind of cookies I'm talking about now, I'll bet: once you go look for something on line, suddenly you get all these little notices in your sidebar about items that are related to what you searched for earlier. That's because our computers place "cookies" on our computers, files showing what you searched for and how you might be interested in something along the same lines. Here's a website that gives you all the information you need to know about computer cookies.

Anyway, I'd show you a picture of the underwear, but I'm not willing to look at anything along those lines again. For awhile I was getting little popups wondering if I'd be interested in buying a pair of jeweled handcuffs. How that is connected to damp underwear, I'm not sure. In any event, she has a picture of them in her post, which I linked above. She's got a great sense of humor.

The picture of the eating kind of cookies is making me feel hungry, though, in a Pavlovian sense. Don't stare too long at that picture or you'll have to buy some!
:-)

19 comments:

  1. because i allow googleads on my blog, i sometimes get comments from folks remarking that i've obviously heard about their latest local political scandal or some product that pops up for them when they view my page. they don't realize each person gets their own views based on what they've recently viewed. i shan't be searching for instant underwear any time soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot! I've never heard of them but I can think of a few friends who would appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that post of Murr's. As I almost always do.
    I delete my cookies on a daily basis, and don't allow ads.
    And, drat you, I am now considering other cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Murr is a hoot. Some of the search related popups and emails can be quite amusing... and annoying. Forget the cookies.. pass one of those cinnamon rolls, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. I love the kind of cookies you posted. Baked a batch last weekend and put some in the freezer. Maybe it's time to pull out a couple. No, just ate fruitcake so no cookies today.

    As for computer snafus, I'm having a problem with my yahoo email. I don't think Yahoo and Safari are playing nicely together as my husband doesn't seem to have this problem, just me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those underwear would make a great gift. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :0 I suppose I should think about Christmas Cookies:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I frequently get messages about not being able to view something unless I disable the cookie blocker, or enable cookies. Our tech guy has our system pretty secure so we don't get many pop ups. But I have not idea how to monitor this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a nuisance when you get all the pop ups. I've been researching cameras. I certainly get lots of suggestions. Funny how most suggestions are for the camera I've chosen or something very close to it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny!
    And relating it to cookies...well, you have to wonder about the computer code that generates these things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pop-ups/cookies - yep, anything you may like or find info about always leads to suggestions from goodness knows where sometimes. I have heard of these, bur never seen them, so I shall follow your link to peek. ha,ha Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too funny! I may have to order a pair for a gift too...but then my husband might wonder what I've been up to when the jeweled handcuffs show up in the ads....

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so creepy after you google something and then everywhere you go ads for that item pop up. Cyber creepy. I'll stick with good old cotton undies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too enjoyed Murr's post "In case of Dire Rear" as well as the website on *cookies*.

    But I do prefer the real thing which I plan to bake today to send to son-in-law for his birthday... along with some whiskey balls which he dearly loves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Murr's cookie post was a hoot. As for the annoying ones, I don't get much of that when I remember to search using the incognito window.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thankfully, I have a few great gluten free cookies in the freezer for emergencies. Have not seen any instant underwear or jeweled handcuffs. I don't have use for them so that is probably why I haven't seen any ads for them either. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet! What strikes me ... and maybe I'm wrong about it ... but it seems that sometimes B and I will be talking about something in the car. Say we decide to get pizza. Then that evening on my email I get an ad for pizza! Do they bug our cars?!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every time I get off the computer from ordering anything online, I delete all history and cookies go in the trash can along with it all. So, I don't get that kinda stuff.

    But my goodness...instant undies. Sounds like a winner to me. I can imagine taking them into the shower with me right now, and voila...out I come fully dressed. lololol

    ReplyDelete
  19. i would much rather have oatmeal cookies any day....err...the underwear sounds interesting but not sure it is worth the spam from the cookies...lol

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.