Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Sloppy mess

Snow on the pussy willows

I woke this morning to a rather intense snowstorm, lots of flakes coming down, and the temperature just above freezing. It's many hours later, but the temperature has only come up a few degrees. I walked to the bus on pristine snow, and it was quite lovely. But coming  home was another matter altogether. Although the streets weren't clear, only a few places seemed slippery, but the melting snow made the necessity to wade through icy water not a fun activity. It will be another sloppy mess tomorrow, too, probably.

I went to the coffee shop and enjoyed a good Americano, as usual, and then I decided to ask John to drive me to the Senior Center to attend the Zumba class. Because of the weather, the usual 25 attendees had shrunk to 6. It was actually more fun, because I could see the instructor so much better. Anyway, I had a good time, until I had to walk home in the slush. I entertained myself by thinking of expletives to keep my mind occupied.

I got a call from the hearing office that my hearing aids have arrived. They will be fitted for me on Friday, and then I'll have two months to decide if I like them or not. You'll be finding out about my purchase and how I feel about it in the future, I'm sure.

:-)

13 comments:

  1. Sloppy wet snow is annoying but better than having ice under there. Glad you made your Zumba class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a "laugh out loud" from me for the expletives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slush isn’t fun. We’ve just had another dumping, but it is starting to get a bit slushy too. We should see a fairly big change over the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer sloppy messes, it gives me a good reason to stay indoors and hibernate. Like most of your Zumba class. 🙂 Good luck on Friday, DJan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure and try the hearing aids outside and on a hike. You'll hear birds you haven't heard in years most likely. (I have a hearing aid in one ear and a cochlear implant for the other.) I could HEAR my grandcat scratching her post, not just see her do it. Linda in louder Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well as usual , you are out there living life to the fullest no matter what the weather is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter what the weather you make the most of your day. Slush isn't great but then it is a whole lot safer than ice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are having such blustery days and nights here and periods of intense rain. It is a rather nice change. Soon, you will have your glorious Seattle weather to hike in and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coffee at a coffee shop on a cold wet day sounds great. And I'll be waiting to hear how those hearing aids are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walking in the slush is no fun, but you had a nice time with John and the Zumba workout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slush is no fun and dangerously slippery too. I miss going to zumba. It was great just walking down to our rec center, but our teacher moved to ... yup... Seattle.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.