Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Gorgeous out there

Rita Eberle-Wessner (Flickr photostream)

I didn't take this picture, Rita Eberle-Wessner in Germany did. I have linked to her Flickr photostream, where I found this lovely shot. It's caused me to revisit and linger over it enough times that I felt moved to share it with my friends here. Although I tried (and failed) to find out where to contact her for permission, I am hoping that this will suffice. Isn't it a beautiful picture? It makes me almost (almost!) want to upgrade my iPhone camera for one like hers. This was taken with a Canon EOS Mark IV, which costs many thousands of dollars, enough to cause me to quickly reconsider.

However, if you would like a feast for your eyes, take a look at her photostream. The pictures require not only an expensive camera, but also a great eye for beauty, which Rita definitely has. I am also a Flickr Pro member, but I hardly ever put up new pictures, not being particularly interested in photography for its own sake. I just want to revisit the scenes that evoke peace and tranquility, and others, like Rita, do it so much better than I.

Somehow, my days pass quickly by and are over before I notice, and therefore I am relegated to spending my time doing whatever catches my fancy. But I do try very hard to keep myself to the schedule I've set of three blog posts a week. This is my Tuesday offering, and since I didn't actually take any wonderful shots of my own, I figured I'd go back to visit Rita's photostream. And just like that, another morning went by without my permission! Time flies when you're having fun, right?

:-)

15 comments:

  1. Time does fly... these days DJan. We are like you in that I will turn to DH or vice versa and say, OMG, it's 3:00 PM... where'd the day go? We seem to go about our business doing whatever... things that need doing and things that pop up (granddaughter home sick today and called to ask me to come to her island on Animal Crossing - which of course I did). Guess these are the perks of being retired... and we should appreciate them. I don't plan any days to blog - just do it when the mood strikes. BTW, I do have a new iPod - which I do plan to blog about... (and that is a great photo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find at the moment my days off are not as productive as they could be

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJan, I did enjoy Rita's photo stream very much. For all the natural beauty in those photos, I was so drawn to the one with the church steeple. So picturesque. That one you posted here at the top, it has a real magical quality to it. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. I seem to be on a winter hiatus myself,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time is flying by...but quite sweetly and peacefully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time flies when you are older!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My days, too, "pass quickly by and are over before I notice" ... so much so that I'm only doing one blog post a week these days. I'm impressed that you're still doing three!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked out Rita’s photos. There is an other worldly quality to them. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since you have a Flickr account, you should be able to email her within Flickr. Or you can make a comment on the post and see if she responds. Otherwise, her photos seems to be ‘All Rights Reserved,’ but she would probably be fine with the credit that you gave her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how many beautiful photos there are on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That photo is wonderful! I'm kind of at a loss for what to photograph right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beauty likes fairy tale...perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for that link to Rita’s photo, I’ll go back and look at them. I wish I could post more often but as it is now I try to have at least one blog post a month, but then it is very long, so it might count as about 5 posts! I read that to stop time from going by too fast one needs to do something out of their routine. Now when I am in GA I take a day to do something special, something to remember. I’ll have to do that here in Nashville, too, but lately the weather was not that good. I should have returned to GA last week but was afraid of the weather there, and I did well not to go because a tornado touched down about 3 miles from my house, and that’s pretty close.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.