Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Whales in my future

Luena in her airbnb rental
I'm sorry that you cannot see the marvelous view of the bay from Luena's apartment she rented while visiting us in Bellingham. It was either her, or the view, but the sunshine made it impossible, with my cellphone camera anyway, to get both.

She and I are going on a whale watching tour of the San Juan islands on Saturday. It's an all-day thing, and I've been wanting to do this for a while. It's wonderful to have her to do it with. Here's the scoop, if you want to know more about it. Anyway, we will be spending all day long hoping to see some orca whales. She is here visiting from southern California, and I'm glad she will get to see the San Juans, a real treat. I'm not sure when I'll be posting the pictures that you KNOW I will be taking, because we won't be back until late (well, relatively speaking, that is).

We're having a great time while she's here. She will even be taking a few yoga classes with my favorite teacher, and she asked for my massage therapist's number, so I'm glad she will be enjoying that, too. Anyway, more later.
:-)

13 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! We did a whale watching tout out of Anacortes a few years ago. We saw whales, but not Orcas. I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your whale watching trip with Luena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time with family is the best! Continued enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you two will have fun. The only whales I've seen are belugas. they are small as far as whales go but still an impressive animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice room and great plans for Saturday. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like such fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time, enjoy together !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fantastic! Be sure to get plenty of photos to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I do hope you see 'em, and I look forward to your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you got to see a lot of whales too. We went whale watching on Maui several years ago when my son and his girlfriend were here. It was interesting to see how they looked aqua when underwater.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.