Saturday, August 24, 2019

Walking with the ladies

Lake Padden walk this morning
At least twenty of us ladies headed out for our usual monthly walk around Lake Padden. It's 2.6 miles once around, and a few of us only went around the first time, but these briskly walking ladies were beginning their second lap. I was fine with going around once, not wanting to push my knee too far again, too soon.
Cindy, Maria, Lily
I had finished my first lap and went back out to find these three, who I knew were walking much more slowly than the rest. I knew they also weren't going to make another lap, so the four of us went off to Whole Foods for a nice breakfast together. My knee is pretty happy right now, but it was beginning to complain. Frankly, I think I had the best of both worlds, and now it's time to enjoy the rest of what feels like a fall day: cool and overcast, with occasional sun breaks. I'm gonna kick back until Wine O'Clock.
:-)

12 comments:

  1. I am so very glad that you paced yourself - and enjoyed the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a partial hike that is a good thing, good idea not to stress your knee:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were able to walk. More will come. Enjoy the times you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like beautiful weather and everyone was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good to hear that you can put some stress on the knee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine o'clock sounds like 'happy' hour to me. oh, and how I wish we had a day that feels like Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you stopped at just the right time! Yup--best of both worlds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a good foursome for you to stay with while you are gaining ground with your knee. So glad that you could get out and enjoy without doing any damage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are taking things slowly. No doubt you will return to your usual waking pace before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breakfast is a good consolation prize!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.