Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Housebound Tuesday afternoon

Gorgeous ripe tomatoes
This morning I took the bus downtown to have coffee with my friend John, and then over to the gym for a class before heading home to begin my colonoscopy prep. I walked by my friend Judy's front yard garden, and she beckoned me in to see some of her veggies, and offered me some to take home.

I knew that once I got home and would begin my prep, I wouldn't be going out again until we venture out tomorrow morning to the doctor's office for the procedure. This is not a fun afternoon, but it is progressing as expected. In other words, I am staying close to the bathroom.
Big green and yellow squash
She tried to get me to take one of these home, but it's the time of year when I'm busy trying to give away my OWN zucchini squash before they get too big. I had never heard of a "honey bear" squash, which is what she says that large green one is called. As she picked some tomatoes and cucumbers for me to take home with me, I began to feel my hunger. I won't get anything to eat today until it's all over, but it's not too many hours before I take my next dose of prep to clean myself out. The best part will be when I step on the scales tomorrow to see a number I'm not likely to see again for a long time.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. The dreaded prep..
    Hope everything comes out OK ;)
    Those are some beautiful tomatoes, just the right size and I bet juicy as anything.
    Best wishes with your procedure, will be over before you know it.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. And then you can eat those fresh tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colonoscopies are not pleasant but very necessary. So you have to suck it up for 24 hours. Now I hope that the colonoscopy comes up clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you well tomorrow. Yes,the procedure is really a piece of cake after that horrible prep. My dr tells me that I am the perfect candidate for cologuard for the next time. However, I'm hoping that by then they will have some magic wand they can pass over me to tell what's inside me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dreaded prep indeed.
    I hope it goes well - and that your next meal is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes... I do remember. The prep is definitely the worst part of the procedure. I just also had an endoscopy and that was a lot easier.

    Gosh! I step away for a little over a month and your garden has absolutely taken off! Wow!

    I'm not back to blogging yet. I'm working on a photobook for the kids of our time together this summer. I'm shooting for returning next week. Fingers crossed. Wishing you a very happy meal once the procedure is over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! It will be so nice when it is all done and you can eat again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...well, just ohhhhh-hhh. But now I have a picture in my mind that won't go away for a while....involving a bathroom, and a stool (figuratively & literally).

    Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my case, I need a 2 day prep before a colonoscopy, so it's 2 days of hunger, not one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only good thing about the prep is that it keeps you so busy that you almost forget you are hungry. Hope it all goes smoothly with wonderful results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear DJan, with that last sentence or so in your posting, I see definitely that you are a "make lemonade out of lemons" person! Peace.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.