Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Finally ready to plant

My plot with the heather in front
I finally got all the weeds and stuff out of my little plot, with only the heather, raspberry plants, and strawberry patch remaining. Now all I have to do is decide exactly what else is going into my spot so I can get it going.

On the right you can see that Rob has been working hard on getting his plot planted, and we have a few others who have finished preparing theirs, too. I was so pleased when I went out there a few minutes ago to get a few pictures and saw that my strawberry patch is beginning to get blossoms!
Little blossoms will soon turn into berries
We are all a bit late in getting going, but that's because of all the rain and cool weather we've been having. We are now experiencing sunny skies and warming weather! Yay!
:-)

11 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo. And happy dances. I do find grubbing in the garden incredibly therapeutic. And love that I get rewarded for my blood, sweat and tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am happy for you, Jan. Nice weather and gardening. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent a lot of time outside today too. Tom has the rest of the raised beds ready to plant, and I worked with patio pots.
    I'm excited for you as you contemplate what to grow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for getting out there when conditions are challenging. Plants Seem to have a way of advancing quickly once it warms up and the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy May Day! Cold here today. Your garden look great no weeds in sight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always wonderful to get our hands dirty and our hammies stretched out. Can't wait to see what you plant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The berry season looks to be very poor here in the San Joaquin Valley due to late cool/damp weather. I heard a berry grower say it's the worst season he has ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to start the growing season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your garden take shape, DJan. It was a late spring start in Europe too which impacted our Keukenhof tulip viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad the weather is co-operating so you can get your plot ready to plant. Can't wait to see what you're going to put i it. BTW, my son and family loved Seattle... or I should say they loved hiking in the mountains. DIL has decided that they need to move there.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.