Saturday, December 16, 2017

Yuletide greetings

Our Saturday walkers this morning
Today we ladies met on a crisp morning at the gazebo behind Barkley Haggen's store, which is all decked out for the season. I was especially happy with the wonderful variety of colors we all wore. I was behind the camera, but in this picture, everyone looks as happy and ready for our five-mile walk as I was. (There is a male in the picture, Riley, Linda's dog.) A few more walkers joined us after the picture was taken, so we had around twenty in all. Men are more than welcome, but somehow they just don't keep coming back.
Two ravens
My friend Melanie sent me this Christmas card and I just had to share it, I love it so much. I hope you like it, too. If I were a sender of cards, this one would be my choice, so consider it sent from my home to yours.

Tuesday is the big day, the second cataract surgery, and I'll be posting again to let you know I'm home and all's well. I hope, anyway. In the astrology world, when Mercury is retrograde (as it is right now), things sometimes don't work out as planned. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.
:-)

14 comments:

  1. It is a great card, Jan. The group photo is a colourful greeting in itself.

    I’ll be thinking of you on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a truly delightful card. Thank you - and I will keep holding you in my heart next Tuesday. Cyber hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautiful card! I love it. In the meantime, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for your next surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like crows, so yes, I like the card too! As for Tuesday's cataract surgery, I'm sure it will go well. But I have to say, even though you know how it works after having the first eye done, it's normal to still fill anxious (at least I did). Will be thinking about you Tuesday and sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting card.
    Good luck on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crows will steal anything! We had to move some keys this summer they kept trying to steal them and they were heavy so they dropped them...lucky for us!
    Well what is your Doc's sign...I would be more worried about his than yours...you will be just fine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating to see what different duds people are wearing to do the walk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great group! Love the card. Love crows.
    Best of luck today!! Be thinking of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo! And remember the litany for Mercury retro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a colorful and happy looking group. So glad you have eachother.
    Thank you for the card, it was perfect.
    Far Side has a point about your doctor's sign. Only good thoughts for the upcoming surgery. Can't wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the surgery! Hope you recover well enough for a quiet Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blessings to you both!

    May your spirits soar in 2018...days filled with nothing but joy & happiness surrounding you for the upcoming year.

    Happy Holidays
    love, Anni

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your second surgery was every bit as successful as the first. Happy holidays/merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.