Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Second eye all done

In recovery room this morning
Well, it's done. The second eye has been operated on and a new lens inserted to replace the cataract. It's supposedly more "myopic" (with a closer focus) than the other, but I won't know any of that until the patch is removed tomorrow. My blood pressure was higher this morning that I have seen in awhile, but I suspect that's because I was more nervous than the first time, but I don't know why.

I'm not supposed to read or do much today but rest, and that's good. I am posting this just to let you know it all went as expected, and that I'm back at home and resting. I felt much more woozy after the anesthesia this time, and I really needed that wheelchair afterwards. After I got home, I sat down in my easy chair and haven't felt much need to do anything but rest.

Tomorrow I'll get the patch off and start the drops and hope for another quick recovery. Amazing surgery advances these days!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us know.
    I suspect you are more woozy this time because of the cummulative effect of two anesthetics so close together.
    Heartfelt hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs! You will be back to yourself in no time, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, DJan. You look good in recovery... awake and eating 'ice chips' maybe? Bet you're glad it's all over now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear this news, Jan. Thanks for posting! I pray this recovery is as speedy as the previous one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well , you survived and that's good. It's not easy so stress ups the blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news DJan !
    Wishing you a speedy and kind recovery :)
    Now rest.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking in, DJan. We look forward to the "clarity" of your next report.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping for the best for you here. Be very interested in how good your vision is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care. Hope you're as happy with this as the other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy all went well! Now just rest and eye drops for a while. I'm very curious how having two different types of lenses is going to work. Exciting! Should be a very merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it is over and today you get the new super vision when the patch comes off. Then you can really relax. Can't wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pleased you posted an update. Lovely to have it over with before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like giving you a hug! Brave you and lucky you - all done now. You must be feeling a sense of relief. I can't wait till tomorrow to know how your sight has improved. Best wishes, Star

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad it is over and hope the results are good! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.