Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Not your usual Christmas breakfast

Beer and pizza!
While the three of us, John, Lilly and I, went off looking for a place to purchase a decent cup of coffee on Christmas morning, we did actually find a nice place at the local Safeway store, which had a nice cafeteria and was even open at 8:00am on Christmas morning. We headed over there to enjoy coffee rather than at our wonderful Avellino's, which was closed on Christmas to give everybody a chance to be with their own families. Gene showed up while we were at the Safeway store, and he told us about a new place we should check out, Greene's Corner.

After looking online and discovering that it would open at 10:00am on Christmas morning, we went over to take a look. It's a place that features pizza and an incredible variety of on-tap beer. Now that might not seem like what most people would have for Christmas breakfast, but after we sampled some of the beer and ordered ourselves a rather wonderful thin-crust East Coast style pizza, we couldn't have been happier! I got myself some of the darkest porter they had, a meal in itself, and a piece of what is called "Holy Aioli" pizza. Wow! We enjoyed this as a rather unusual Christmas breakfast, and I took a piece of pizza home to my partner as well.

It was a delightful way to begin my unforgettable Christmas day. It might be the beginning of a new tradition!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, Jan and an adventure to boot. The pizza sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual Christmas breakfast, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a delightful start to the day. You can keep the beer though. A taste I never acquired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza and dark beer? Sounds like my kinda place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pizza is always a good breakfast choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beer and pizza for Christmas breakfast eh? You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leave it to you and your B-ham crew to do something completely unconventional. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That has tradition written all over it. So glad your plan B turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny! Sounds like the start of a great new tradition, indeed. Christmas pizza has a nice ring to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really fun and tasty. I passed the recommendation on to my granddaughter who is a junior at WWU and will be back after the break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DJan, any place that has good coffee and a fireplace would work for me. Sounds like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful time with your friends. David and I plan to have pizza at CPK today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would work for me. It's the people you spend it with that is most important, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.