Saturday, November 18, 2017

Ferry terminal and more

Ellen's mural at the Ferry Terminal
One of the walks we ladies like to do on Saturday mornings is to the Bellingham Ferry Terminal from downtown, a round-trip walk of around five miles or so. I wanted to see the new mural that has been painted by my friend Ellen, and there it is, in the upper window. We discussed whether it was something for the season, and then we saw that Santa is on top of the ferry! Yep, it's that time of the year.
A 75th birthday present for me!
My friend Melanie gifted me with something for my upcoming birthday, with the hope that I'll have a reason to return to the hiking group after my cataract surgery. I texted her that she has given me a very "pointed" reason to return so I can use them! Aren't they fabulous? She has a pair and says they are miles better than the current version of trekking-on-snow aids I am using (Yak Trax). I am also really pleased that as a septuagenarian, I can receive and use such a present!
:-)

15 comments:

  1. Ellen's mural is amazing. And Melanie's gift so thoughtful. I detect karma at work. Good friends deserve good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure those spikes will come in handy. I don't even have a pair of shoes they would go on. Of course, I go nowhere that would require such equipment. You are such the daredevil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 75th birthday! I am sure you will be using your new gift soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mural is amazing! What a sweet and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful gift. I'm sure you will waste no time in trying them out. The mural looks very interesting with just a subtle nod to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mural looks great and the new spikes should come in handy. You’ll be using them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people wear them here but we don't have that much ice to worry about. So keep safe with your new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Mural and perfect gift for you--yes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a gift from someone who knows you. Let us know how they work. I have too permanently sore body parts from ice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice gift! You will use them for sure! Your friend is a very talented painter...I bet she will just repaint that section that Santa is in after Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right to be pleased with yourself that you can receive and use such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your surgery will be a success so you can continue to make tracks! Among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please contact me by email. I have sent several over the past few days with no answer...getting worried:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.