Thursday, November 30, 2017

Day 2 post-op

This morning's coffee and my eyeglass
Today I walked to the bus (in the rain, of course) and took myself down to the coffee shop at the usual time. Although you cannot see it well, on my closed iPad are my eyeglasses, sans the left lens, therefore they are now my eyeglass. I am using my glasses so that I can see distance with the old lens, and am now happily using my brand-new intra-ocular lens to see out of my left eye. It's always been my weakest eye, but now it's carrying me along to magnificent vision. I am thrilled with the ability I now have to see clearly at about 18 inches, and it is simply amazing me how bright and clear everything is. I didn't know how much my eyesight had deteriorated. My other eye will be operated on in two-and-a-half weeks, and I am supposed to take it easy this week until I get the All Clear to exercise normally again. That will happen on December 6, so I will be administering three different eyedrops three times a day until then, and then will cut back to two drops two times a day.

I still have missing vision in that left eye, that didn't change, but it's much less pronounced now that I am no longer so awfully nearsighted, with more light streaming in as well. Today after the coffee shop I went to the Y, not to take any classes, but to ride the exercise bike. It's a sitting design, so I didn't have to make any moves that might cause me to raise the ocular pressure in my eye. I'm debating whether it might be all right for me to take a class tomorrow if I'm careful.
Today's hiking group, taken by Melanie
Normally, I would have joined this group, but I couldn't, not today. It snowed a little on these intrepid hikers, and you might not believe me if I told you I wish I could have been there, but it's true. I know how good I feel after I get outdoors in all weather and get my heart rate up. That wouldn't have been a good idea. But next week, after the All Clear, I'll be back!

Tomorrow is my birthday, so I'll be celebrating with my dear friends and hubby, without a whole lot of sugar, but I decided that one thing I really want to indulge in is some ice cream (okay maybe a little sugar), no matter how cold it is outside. So, that will be one present I'll enjoy giving myself.
Waterfall
Melanie also sent me this picture of the always-changing waterfall. Last time I saw it there was hardly any water in it, but that's changed with our recent rainfall totals. I'm hoping to see some of these sights again soon, with new and improved eyes!
:-)

19 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad that all is going well with your eye surgery. What good news!
    It was so dark and dreary today. We are about to head out into the night to attend the Sounders match at the stadium. The rain has stopped. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Aren't the colors amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, happy birthday. Have great day. Good to hear that the eye is doing well and I'm sure it's much better than what you thought things would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday and enjoy the day. So glad to hear your eye(s) is on the mend and surgery such a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Jan. Quite a birthday present, the better sight in the bad eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your eye is recovering nicely. Have a great B-day tomorrow, and be sure and eat lots of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it went well, do not exercise tomorrow, and happy birthday ,y sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was the brightness that I noticed the most after my first eye was done. Before the surgery, I didn't notice that things weren't as bright as they should be. So glad things went well for you. But please don't overdo, it's better to be safe then sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to hear such good news! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take it easy. I know it is HARD for you, but it will be worth it. Let your eye heal. I am thrilled to hear that you can see so much better! Happy Birthday to you!! I did the same thing...removed one lens from my glasses in between the surgeries. :) Have two scoops of ice cream:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just amazing what science and the know-how surgeons can make us all better and better.
    Keep it up D J...we're all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please don't exercise. Any form of exercise raises your blood pressure. Doesn't matter if you are sitting on an exercise bike or doing gentle yoga. Take it easy. I know it's sheer torture for you but please don't overdo. Or call and ask if what you want to do is okay first, at least. Anyways, Happy Birthday!! New eyes are an exciting present! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, DJan! I'm so happy for you that your eyesight is better now. That's what I've heard from so many who have had similar surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Djan. Much improved eyesight and ice cream--cool presents. I am just delighted with the success of your surgery and I am sure the second one will be even more spectacular. I do hope you check with your doctor about ANY exercise. You don't want to mess up the doctor's good work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm over the moon to hear that you can see so much better!! What a perfect birthday gift. Do not exercise (I know, I'm a day behind - so hopefully you didn't). And I wish you the most happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you are doing very well. Brave you... xx Star

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.