Saturday, May 2, 2015

World Naked Gardening Day

Whatcom Falls this morning
I had a very nice brisk walk with the ladies to start off my weekend. We started at Bloedel Donovan Park and headed off to the trails and stairs in Whatcom Falls Park. It was a very fast walk as we didn't have any stragglers and I really hustled to keep up, but now I'm feeling really good. Afterwards, we got together at a local coffee shop to visit before going our separate ways. I've got to work in my garden today, and it's really coming along.
My garden spot yesterday afternoon
I went out to water my garden yesterday and discovered that my neighbor Rob had already watered for me! Plus he's put in a walkway of wood chips between our garden areas. He's a real overachiever, if you ask me. Take a look at his spot.
Rob's garden as of 1 May 2015
Wow! I'm going off to the garden store to get some sugar snap peas, if I haven't waited too long, that is. They are already coming up in Carol's garden, and I realized I'd better do it today if I'm going to have them at all. Dan, another community gardener, just sent me a link to remind me that today is World Naked Gardening Day. Who knew?
:-)

17 comments:

  1. a blogger friend posted about that yesterday. being that she's a gardener and today is also her birthday, i told her to garden in her birthday suit! she declined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No naked gardener pictures? Shame.
    And yay for sugar snap peas. And gardening more generally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have an overachieving gardener taking care of the plot next door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tom...it's never a bad thing to have an overachiever next door...if, and only IF, they are helping you out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sugar snap peas are the gardener's candy. Get them in the dirt.
    Followed the link and was delighted to reacquaint myself with the Grumpy Gardener. He is fun but I'll let the others do the naked bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am quite envious of your gardening pursuits. Everything seems to grow so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! They have a day for everything don't they? I take it you didn't celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to get the peas in early but they can be seeded later. Some gardeners have a good sense of humor. it seems some people are not bothered by mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yeah...naked garden day is all fun and games until 15 people in the community garden bend over to do the weeding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for over achievers. It makes your job so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is looking good! You are lucky to have a great garden neighbor...and not a nekid one either:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The idea of communal gardening is such a good one isn't it! How kind of Rob to water your patch. Lovely to see your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw your heading......i'm thinking "oh NO, she didn't". haha
    World Naked Gardening Day - who knew - I could only say that those who do, musn't mind the bugs, etc. I am a vivid gardener and couldn't even imagine that. I can just see buddy there up on the tractor buck naked - YIKES. Enough of that. Rob is just a sweetie to do all that. Does look nice. Have fun ......gardening :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! Just proves they have a national day for almost everything and anything. Garden plots are looking good. Hope you got your peas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I can imagine you gardening naked. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I saw your post title I wondered if.......... well..... you know...
    Too funny! It's wonderful to have such a great, overachieving gardening neighbor.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.