Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Photo safari

Wet tulip, almost done for
I woke this morning to rain, and a rather brisk wind as well. I didn't get this picture this morning, but after a rain a couple of days ago. The tulip is gone now, but I thought it was pretty with the raindrops. And it gave me the idea to make another photo safari post.
A lovely couple across from us
Judy and I went out to eat Sunday evening at the Pepper Sisters restaurant in downtown Bellingham. I spied this couple right across from our table and took this picture. I asked for permission from them before I posted it, and she asked me if I am an artist or something. I gave her my card and told her that sometimes I like to take pictures of interesting people for a photo safari, and she twinkled at me as she gave me permission to use it. I never think of myself as an artist, but you know, maybe I am!
The YMCA lobby today
When I got to the Y this morning, I saw that the walls are literally covered with art by young kids from nearby schools. Now that's art. I spent some time admiring the work and really enjoyed the different takes on the same tree. And there was also this drawing among some others:
"It is about my experiment"
The sign on the side of the picture says that Ava made this picture to illustrate her experiment. It made me wonder if she is already a gardener. I love that sun and all the flowers waving hello. There were many more pictures that I could use today, but having gotten this far, I'm thinking I just might have another photo safari again soon, so I'll save them for later.
:-)

21 comments:

  1. i love the photo of the couple. there is something so comfortable and sweet about it. and i love the art in the last! just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photo safari! The pic of the older couple if poignant, like something from another age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's 'sposed to be IS poignant, not IF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - all photographers are artists, whether amateur or professional! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the older couple too, I wonder how long they have been together...their hair is the same color:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it.
    And you are indeed an artist. Of words, of images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see children's art DJan. Thank you for showing us these. It is wise to ask permission for photo taking. Some people would object, I'm sure. I'm always very unsure as to whether I can or I can't but even asking can be a bit invasive over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! I can't decide if the couple or Ava's art is my favorite.

    Of course you are an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, photo safaris are fun! What a sweet couple. And really like the trees and that girl's flowers. I expect you'll have to safari out with a camera to your garden again pretty soon, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun...and always such interesting subjects. I love the couple across from you. Sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be the kids enjoyed seeing their art work on the walls. I think it's great encouragement. That photo of the couple in the restaurant should be made into a work of art, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That certainly is a happy picture. A future gardener for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to look at kids' art, because it makes me happy. As you know, I like to post photos of art done by my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, when you call tell people you think they are interesting, how can they refuse? Love that shot of them and Ava's work also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photo is a classic. Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post! Wonderful photos, DJan! It's great that you asked for permission too. It's good to respect privacy in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much joy in your photos from the aspiring young artist to the mature couple enjoying one another's company.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ava is a "budding" artist!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are a creative photographer and that it makes you an artist for sure.
    The couple is typical one, each engaged in their own place but also together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love peeking into other people's lives, or just seeing the world from another's perspective in photos. Thanks for sharing a little bit of your photo safari.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.