Saturday, December 6, 2014

More Terry Border

Marilyn Monroe and Marilyn Meringue
Sorry, I can't resist. I saw this cupcake and laughed out loud. Plus it's still my birthday week, so I'm allowing myself a little more indulgence here. It's rainy and a little gloomy outside, so there's not much to take pictures of, and Terry Border provided the inspiration with Marilyn Monroe. Even Ms. Meringue's high heels made me laugh.

This morning I had to wrestle with myself to go out walking with the Fairhaven ladies, but I went, even though it was raining. Not hard enough to convince myself that I should stay inside, and what if it stopped while I was sitting around wishing I had gone? Well, it rained lightly for the entire seven-mile walk, so I didn't stick around for coffee afterwards, realizing that as soon as my feet figured out that I'd stopped, they would decide to get cold (they were squishy wet). Now I am home, warm and toasty, and very glad I went.

This afternoon Judy and I will go to the Bellingham Chamber Chorale to hear their annual Christmas concert. My friend Al sings in it, as he reminded us in an email last week. It should help to get me in the holiday mood. Plus I saw that my community food co-op has just put Christmas wreaths out for sale. When I walked by them this morning (on my way to a latte) the delightful smell was also another reminder that Christmas is not that far away!
:-)

23 comments:

  1. The creativity of some people never ceases to amaze me. Everywhere is now looking very Christmassy. have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great cupcake. I don't see pastries like that around here.

    You sure are the stalwart hiker. Although the weather here is beautiful today, I used the morning for grocery shopping and errand running before coming home to start a marathon of cooking. I've finished a few dishes but have more to cook this afternoon. So, no outdoors for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. christmas is just around the calendar! :)

    i laughed out loud when i got the comparison, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cupcake!!

    Yes, Christmas is almost upon us...eek! Time to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Marilyn Meringue. Thank you. Smiles are always welcome.
    I hope your birthday week continues to be full of smiles, of love, of laughter...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya gotta love his sense of humor. I didn't notice the high heels till you pointed them out. So clever.
    Keep enjoying your Birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you walked and that you have a warm place to go afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put up the outdoor lights yesterday. We're going to a concert tomorrow afternoon. Christmas is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. D'Jan, so nice that you enjoyed the walk, even in the rain. I'm like you, don't like to get my feet cold! My daughter and SIL put up a real tree, and the smell is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you're having a lot of fun. A good walk, a good coffee and a concert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are on Whidbey Island this week with Jill and the kids. It will probably be Monday before i get a blog posted about it. It was very windy this morning and kite surfers were out on the bay. But except for a bit of light rain, it has been quite comfortable outside as we spent much of the day in Langley, where there is definitely Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I'm thinking of right now is walking seven miles in the cold rain and wet squishy feet. Awk! You guys amaze me. Truly!

    Marilyn is cute! I hope the concert was fun! I'm already in the spirit--playing Christmas music and lighting a pine scented candle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You seem to have a good time despite the bad weather. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First a happy birthday wish to you!
    As I viewed the yummy cup cake I missed the wirey heals. I had to have a second look.
    And now all I want is that cup cake. Darn
    Some bloggers are very busy creating but I no longer see well so I try my best. I am slower to post too and my errors are many:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, DJan. The cupcake is hilarious, and your continued physical activity is inspiring. I'm off to do a bit of tap dancing now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! I hope you had a special day...just as special as you are!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been rainy and drizzly and foggy here too. For about a week. And I'm lovin' it!! Walking and birding will not keep me home.

    Hey? Hope you're having a week after birthday week that's filled with MORE fun.

    Oh, and that cupcake is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you posted another one of them. I quite enjoy them. I'm not sure exactly when your birthday is/was.. so Happy Birthday Week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just so you know your robot verify the numbers thingy is up...many people have it today...but not yesterday or the day before...it must be a blogger thing:(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday week to you, I hope you enjoyed every single minute of it.

    I came over from Kay/Musings to meet you. I enjoyed reading your post.

    Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun idea for the cupcake.

    Happy Birthday, DJan! May all your years be full of good health and adventure.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.