Monday, January 27, 2020

Getting one's feathers ruffled

Are you even listening to me?
I saw this funny picture online, and I just went searching to see if I could find out who took it so I could acknowledge the artist. But no, I couldn't find it at all. It makes me laugh just to look at it and consider just what the birds might be saying to each other. I'll bet some of my readers can come up with some doozies.

When visiting a favorite blog, I saw on the sidebar a website that looked interesting, so I went to visit it. AnvilCloud's blog, called The AC is On, is pretty funny. He recently put up some hospital reports, some of which had me laughing out loud. Here's a short excerpt:
She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.  
The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor. 
Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities. 
When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room. 
The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of fuel and crashed. 
I have seen these sorts of hospital reports before, but these were all new to me. In any event, this website is filled with humorous posts, so I'll be visiting there often. Hope you will also find something to laugh about in this post, too. After all, laughter is the best medicine.
:-)

18 comments:

  1. Thank you. This has brightened my morning.
    Laughter is an excellent medicine - and its side effects aren't bad either. I can cope with my sides aching from laughing too long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, those reports are hilarious, when the English language is used out of context it leaves the option for all kinds of interpretations :)
    I shall have to check the website out for more giggles, my granddaughter the nurse could pass along a few !
    The bird picture is so funny, "did you eat that last piece of suet I had saved ?"....lol
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teenagers are definitely abnormalities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought they were hilarious too. John is also a gifted photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the teenager one! Those are beautiful birds..."If I have told you once I have told you a million times":)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your caption on the bird photo. I feel like that too often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post. You brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw a few of these misstatements from the church secretary...funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A laugh a day keeps depression away. Lots to laugh about in your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Circus sized? Oh my goodness. These are all good.

    Photo caption of the bee eaters (birds)...I don't know. But surely the one on the left is the male...paying no attention to the female, nagging

    ReplyDelete
  11. Circus sized? Oh my goodness. These are all good.

    Photo caption of the bee eaters (birds)...I don't know. But surely the one on the left is the male...paying no attention to the female, nagging

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny. That one poor bird is really taking a verbal beating but he (I know, why do I assume it is a he) doesn't seem a bit upset.
    I have seen that fellow in the comments of some of the blogs I follow. I will check him out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I assumed that the birds were a male showing off for his intended mate.
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took me a while to know what was meant by "circus sized." Yep, laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny! I will have to check out his blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I certainly didn't expect to see my name here when I clicked. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could be as calm in the face of criticism as the unfeathered and unfazed bird. They certainly are beautiful. I love your beautiful waterfall photos too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.