Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Sunny and warmer

Two colors of rhododendrons
I took this snapshot of a beautiful sunny morning on our walk last Saturday. Every bush is sprouting flowers these days. Rhododendrons are the Washington state flower; I've seen wild ones in the forests and cultivated ones everywhere else.

It's a little after noon on yet another fine sunny day. I just finished my yoga class and have two hours between when it finished and my acupuncture appointment, just a block away. So it made sense to come up to my favorite restaurant above the bookstore and have a bowl of soup while I write my regular Tuesday post. I ordered a curry-lentil bowl, which I've never tasted before, but I guarantee I will definitely order it again. My mouth is a bit tingly from the curry, not in a bad way at all.

We have about a week of above-normal temperatures, with full sun and climbing from the mid-sixties all the way up to around 80°F by the weekend. That's a bit on the warm side for me, but I'll muddle through. By Sunday it should begin to return to normal temperatures again. This is a very lovely time of year in the Pacific Northwest. Some of my blogging friends in the southern states enjoy (or at least I hope they do) much warmer temperature than we ever get around here.

Now that I'm letting my nice lunch settle, the wrestling with whether or not to have a scoop of ice cream to finish things off is busy going on inside my head. My favorite might not be there today, and if that happens, I'll skip it. Otherwise...
:-)

10 comments:

  1. Those rhododendrons are gorgeous. And they grow wild. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild rhododendrons? Drool.
    Curry-lentil bowl? Also drool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do hope you had that ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think part of our enjoyment of spring is to see plants go through stages of development.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers. The soup sounds delicious and I hope they had your favorite ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Mine in a bowl please...vanilla, caramel sauce & chopped pecans.

    Beautiful state flower ... I say state flower 'cause I don't even want to begin spelling rhododendrons.😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice . . . I think May is a good time of year no matter where you live (except maybe Tierra del Fuego).

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are in the 50's for highs and damp. Nothing blooming here yet! Hope you took time for ice cream life is short:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wonderful life in a wonderful environment with wonderful people. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.