Saturday, May 18, 2019

A fun gathering

Half of Hedi, Lily, me, Judy, Luena and SG
Yesterday after yoga, Luena (SG's sister who is visiting from southern California) and I went over to Hedi's for a really nice potluck gathering. My friend Judy came, too, along with Lily, who got off work early so she could join us. We enjoyed lasagna, kale and wild rice salad, cheese and crackers, wine, and afterwards, Hedi's contribution to our waistlines, cheesecake.

The reason you only see half of Hedi is that she hates to have her picture taken, and we had to coax her just to have this much. She is a dear sweet person but when you put a camera near her, she is much like Eeyore from the Christopher Robin stories.
It was really good!
We enjoyed the camaraderie, food, and wine, with plenty of laughter and just the best time I've had a while. Today, Luena and I will spend the entire day on a boat hopefully watching whales breach while touring around the San Juan islands. I'll have plenty of pictures from that. I'm writing this very early in the morning before starting the rest of my day.
:-)

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear about the whale sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good time was had by all! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a joyous occasion. Hope you see lots of whales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your SIL is having a lovely visit. Hope you see lots of whales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whale watching is on my wish list. Looking forward to seeing/reading about yours.
    Heidi and I are kindred spirits where the camera is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is so heartwarming seeing you with the others. Nice, too, to see your husband there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear your SIL is having a wonderful time and meeting all your friends. I don't think I've ever seen a clear shot of SG, it's nice to put a face to the name. That cheesecake looks absolutely sinful. Enjoy the day tomorrow - can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a fun group around you at all times. I admire that about you. I've never seen SG before. What a handsome guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like such a warm, happy gathering, DJan. And that cake made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to the whale pictures. they're tough to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to have your friends hosting your SIL on her visit to spend time with her brother, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love those breaching whales...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like fun (even tho' I don't drink wine or eat cheesecake). Enjoy the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun group. The cheesecake looks delicious.
    Have fun whale watching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds fun as well as delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice gathering! Cheesecake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.