Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Pretty perfect final day

Sandhill cranes on the golf course
This morning my sister spent the early morning on a golf league, so she allowed me to drive her car to the Y in order for me to take a swim on my own, without her being with me. It was a first for me, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I didn't swim all that long, but it was a full six minutes longer than the last time (28 minutes versus 22) and I'm pretty sure my arms will be sore again. Tomorrow I'll get to enjoy one last swim before packing up and heading home around noon.
The golfers: Thecla, Rose, Norma Jean, Sylvia
I continue to be impressed with the energy of these four women. Thecla is 85, Rose 71, Norma Jean 73, and Sylvia 87. They played 18 holes, and I was happy to see my sister make two birdies! (For you nonplayers, that means one under par for two holes.) I wandered around the course while they played, and got that picture of the cranes, as well as this wonderful view of trees near one of their fairways.
Old oak trees
These mysterious, wonderful trees cover the three golf courses in Betmar Acres, and I am sure that everyone enjoys these nice shady grottos. Unless they get in the way of a golf ball, that is!

In a couple of days, I'll be back in my own world, having been here just long enough for me to appreciate the vacation, and having the enjoyment of my home to return to. Not to mention my Bellingham family and friends. I'll miss the dogs and family here, but there's always next year!
:-)

13 comments:

  1. Of course you know I would love those wonderful old trees! Bon voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trees, the cranes and those smiling faces. I am so glad you have enjoyed yourself - and that you are looking forward to home as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to be somewhere where I could be wearing shorts! It is so cold here in California. 38 degrees this morning. I'm longing for our hot summers. Glad you had a chance to be in sunshine and enjoy your sister and her friends. Does she ever come visit you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so glad you had such a happy time. You are all so very fit! This was a pretty short trip. I’m wishing you a comfortable trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo of the Sandhill Cranes! Safe Travels:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a different style of life. Some how or other home is always best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be good to feel the warmth of the sun on your body to keep you going through the rest of the winter. Have a good journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sister is my age, but she is more athletic than I am. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eighty plus gals give me hope. I turn 80 this year and it is good to see activity doesn't have to stop.
    Twenty eight minutes is an impressive swim. So glad you have had such a grand time and am wishing you a safe, no hassle trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those trees are amazing! Love the cranes and the picture of the golfers. Golf seems to be a Florida retirement requirement. Both my folks became golfers. My dad seemed to love seeing alligators on the course. Stayed far away, but I think he was always fascinated by them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cranes look like real characters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to golf (in Colorado & AZ.) Green fees got to be tpo expensive & I stopped all together. Golf courses here aren't that impressive so I haven't looked into it. Besides, I sold my clubs. Lol

    LOVE the oak trees! (I saw hundreds of s-hill CRANES just yesterday)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.