Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Florida here I come

Taken at sunrise from the plane
I didn't get much sleep last night since I had to catch the "pajama shuttle" at 2:10am this morning. I've been traveling ever since. Three hours on the shuttle, two hours going through security (which was an awful experience, not just for me but for everybody) and finally making it to the gate before it was time to board. But just barely. And then once on board, I settled in for a nice long five-hour flight.

Palm trees and sunny skies greeted me when I disembarked, and Norma Jean picked me up soon after. Then another hour's drive from the Tampa airport to her home, and finally I am here, ready to write my Tuesday post.
My fabulous dinner salad, compliments of Pete
Peter, Norma Jean's son, had already prepared us one of his wonderful salads, which awaited us when we stepped out of the car and into the dining room. Between that, and Norma Jean's two dogs (one of whom has just been adopted), it's been quite a full, full day.

And now, given that I'm not only fed and watered (well, wined, really), I'm beginning to feel the effects of the day. I'll probably last another few hours before hitting the sack. Tomorrow, swimming!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. "And now, given that I'm not only fed and watered (well, wined, really)" It appears you were welcomed properly! Enjoy your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it, safe and sound...I'm hearing on the news how difficult it was to get through airports today. You were a fortunate few to have a successful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a marathon. Glad it went just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you have been suitably welcomed. Enjoy your time after that marathon trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great greeting after that long travel day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A long journey but so worth it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's warm enough to swim in Florida? Oh, boy ... I'm headed there next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are there safe and sound. The salad looks great, I would pick off the cukes:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get all rested up before swimming. Glad you got there safely. Enjoy your genuine face time--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep forgetting just how far away you are from Florida. That was a long trip and how nice to have such a welcome. Glad you made it OK and the the shutdown didn't make it too miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your vacation. That photo of sunrise is really pretty. The salad looks good, and it was so nice of Pete to make it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The getting there is never great but now you will be rested and enjoying your sister's company and the warmth of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I bet that security check WAS awful with that nasty partial shutdown!

    Have fun, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear that you made it to Florida with not too much hassle. Now relax and enjoy your visit !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yikes! Now you've been hit by this awful spam! Isn't it so aggravating?

    I'm glad your travel ordeal is over and you're able to enjoy the Florida warmth. 2:10 AM???? Oh my gosh!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.