Saturday, April 18, 2015

Tulip fun and coffee buddies

You might recognize these folks
Well, Kay and her family are back in Hawaii, so I can now show you these wonderful pictures I took of them when I was visiting the tulips a couple of weeks ago. When Kay and her family go on their trips, she posts ahead of time and waits until she returns to let others know they've been gone. Kay posts almost daily on Musings, so when they came to Seattle and drove up to see the tulips, I drove down from Bellingham and we spent the day together. It was simply wonderful, as I felt like I knew Kay, Art, and her mom from her frequent posts. She had also mentioned her brother Dennis now and then, so it actually felt more like a reunion that a first meeting. We had fun!

In my quest to find better ways to export pictures for my blog, I found this really fun free app called Fotor that allowed me to create that collage in nothing flat! I am very pleased with it; Fotor also gives me some powerful editing tools as well. I'll play with it when I have a little more time. In a few minutes I've got to leave for my movie date with my friend Judy.
Having coffee with the ladies
I did get up early (not unusual for me) and made my way to Boulevard Park to head up the hills with the ladies this morning, and we stopped afterwards at Woods Coffee with a great view of the bay before separating. I truly enjoy this wonderful group, and again I am struck by the beauty all around us every day. It certainly helps to get me out and about when I have all that sunshine and great company to boot!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. Lucky you and Linda R getting to meet Kay and her family. They are real favorites of mine--especially her Mom who is adorable. I agree, meeting a blogger is like a reunion. We know so much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the coffee group after the walk! how nice to meet folks you 'already know' and show them around the beauty you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that collage.
    And your blog meetup.
    And you are right. We do become friends here. Good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, lucky your for meeting a blog favorite of so many of us: Kay and family! The photos you took and turned into a collage are really neat. How great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're all having tulip fun in our blogs this week. :) It's fun to get together with blogging buddies isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to see your photos of Kay and her family. It was good of you to meet with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meeting with Kay is something you will remember for a long time. I must check out fotor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to tiptoe through the tulips with a blog friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to "Musings" and checked it out and very nice indeed. Thank you and later will check out Fotor app - sounds interesting. Thank you for the tips and lovely photo having coffee overlooking the bay. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous spot for coffee!! Your app recommendations have always been good. I'm off to check out Fotor. I've been looking for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't get to my blog list on Saturday, so I almost missed this post! Meeting Kay and her family was very special for both of us. I like your photo collage. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures of scenes and friends. Does Fotor work with an IPad? I find I use my IPad more and more but it's not so good for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Friendships....they're what blogging is all about. And meeting them, if not more than once, is priceless.

    Oh, and yes...I have used Fotor too. Nifty app/site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tulips...so gorgeous and yet fragile. Glad you had such a wonderful visit with Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do live in beautiful country. And you really get out and take advantage of it all. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Getting together with you and Linda were definite highlights in our trip! Could you send me that photo of you and mom? I really like that and would like to add it to our photo album. I love what you did with Fotor. What a great app!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.