Saturday, April 25, 2015

A fun group

Joanne in orange 24 April 2015
Joanne has often commented that several of the more than twenty-some participants in her Mon-Wed-Fri aerobics class will end up wearing the same color or shade just by chance. Marilyn, the woman on the far left, whispered to us all the previous week that this past Friday we should all wear blue to surprise Joanne. Well, the vast majority of us did it, although there were a few more people not pictured because they had forgotten or didn't get the message. This was before the class started, and a few more people showed up later, also in blue. There were 27 people in the class by the time we started working out, and all but five or six were in blue. It was fun!

When you work out year after year with many of the same people, they become like old friends. Joseph, the second from the left, is a retired professor and we celebrated his 80th birthday with him a couple of years ago. Next to him (in the back row) is Joanne's husband Les. I know the names of most of these people and have been working out with them for ages. You might notice a few faces from some of my outdoor activities.
My birthday pictures 2009–2012
Each of these pictures was taken on my actual birthday, with the first picture from my Tuesday class, and Joanne's class the next year fell on a Wednesday. Then in 2011, my Thursday Senior Trailblazers had a snowy hike on my 69th birthday, and because the next year was a Leap Year and skipped a day, my Saturday walking group helped me celebrate my 70th birthday.

I have developed quite a happy life here in Bellingham, with lots of really good friends who help keep me in shape. I feel very fortunate indeed.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. laughed at the joke you played on your instructor friend. :) love your birthday collage, too. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birthday photo compilation! That's how birthdays should be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I find the same thing happens at work...several of us end up wearing the same color combos. We should get together and pull the same prank. Absolutely LOVE the birthday photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone looks great! I am certain they enjoy your company as much as you enjoy theirs:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea with the photos for your birthdays. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you make the group a fun group. Keep on having fun. I can hardly wait to see wha 71 looks like!!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to have all those connections, and be fit too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are fortunate to have such a great group of active friends, and they are fortunate to have you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that smile of yours in all those photos. You certainly are blessed with your life in Bellingham DJan. I thought that a good prank to play and it worked out well with lots of laughter. Good On You Kiddo. Thats what life is all about - good friends - laughter, fun and exercise. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! That was a cute idea to dress in blue. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet she wondered what was going on--LOL!
    You really do have several groups of people you know well. A good life, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good friends is what it's all about . . . and you'll have plenty of them as long as you're having that much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How funny and a cute trick. Too bad she didn't feel the vibe and also wear blue.
    Loved your collage. You certainly have enjoyed each birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You must have so many friends including us cyber ones. I guess it helps to surround yourself with like minded people who all love to exercise. Especially outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad that you are surrounded by such cheerful participants. It makes exercising seem very appealing in a group.I shall sign up at the community centre for a summer session to try a group activity.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.