Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tuesday's musings

Whatcom Falls last Saturday

After a pretty miserable wet morning, with lots of time spent going from place to place on the bus, I was happy to get home, with a chance to dry off and settle in for the rest of the day. One of the things I did today, for the first time, was to attend a Zumba class at the Senior Center. This was billed as "Zumba Gold," which is especially tailored for seniors. It's a very popular class, and one of my good friends attends regularly.

There were at least twenty women in the class, and the instructor was quite good. She also teaches a regular Zumba class, and this was hard enough that I wondered what is different about the traditional class. It was fun, and I got a good workout, so you know I'll be going back to attend again. They also offer a yoga class twice a week so I signed up for one next Monday and will see how that goes. Little by little, I'm getting my exercise routine back on track. But I still want to join a regular yoga studio and will make my way there eventually.

After such an awful start to the day, I was completely taken by surprise when it not only stopped raining, but the sun is shining gloriously. It seems like it's been quite awhile since I've seen so much sunshine. The days are beginning to lengthen, and we have passed the halfway point between winter and spring on the calendar. I see fat buds on the trees, too.

I am staying away from the news, since that terrible earthquake in Turkey and Syria is taking up all the oxygen, and I can barely stand to see it happening. Often when I think my world is dire, all I have to do is think about the people suffering in such conditions. My heart goes out to them. 

:-(

15 comments:

  1. Love this pic! I enlarged it and saw that large hole in the rock... looks like it's large enough for a person to get inside... and who are those people on the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of water going over the falls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DJan, You closed your post with sadness but there is a spark of joy in there too … you said, “I see fat buds on the trees.” Gotta love it … I knew immediately what you meant but have never heard them called fat buds! 😊 And still more joy to share. I was looking today at Marie Smith’s blog

    https://islandmusingswithmarie.blogspot.com/

    and enjoying her Sunday, February 5, post when I noticed her picture of the Old Fisherman on North Rustico beach. So, in the comment I left for her I included the following … "I know you follow DJan’s Eye on the Edge. On Sunday, November 13, 2022, she started her post with a photo of Grace, a statue in Bellingham Bay. Your picture of the Old Fisherman reminded me of her post. Statues on opposite sides of the continent!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is beginning to feel a bit normal again here too. Daylight is increasing! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable damage, death and injury caused by the earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much damage and sadness, yes. I've been avoiding the news, too. So glad you are finding groups to join for your exercises. February will fly by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see some sunshine again. I too am enjoying the extra daylight now. Looking at your photo, I can imagine hearing the sound of all that water gushing over the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DJan, that's great to read about the Zumba class and signing back up for yoga too, where in the world do you find all the energy? I know, "you make the energy"! Seriously, most impressive. The Turkey/Syria quake is horrifying... some days I really do feel I won the big lottery in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much bad news, that's for sure. Love your exercise routine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not been watching the news at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy for you that you are finding some exercise classes to get back into. I know you like to exercise socially.
    I often think, when I see the horrible conditions some people have to live with and bear, that I can certainly handle those things that make me uncomfortable. My aches and pains and worries are nothing compared to theirs.
    The filtered sun is back today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you ... I think you'll enjoy Zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zumba is too high energy for me. I like standing on my Zaaz machine and pretending that I have exercised.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kay of Musings: I used to go to Zumba Gold and absolutely loved it. I know you’re going to meet really nice people and get a LOT of excellent exercise.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.