Monday, March 23, 2020

Let's take care of each other

Photo by William Burt
I have contributed to the National Audubon Society, so I get an email regularly from them. They sent out a bunch of cute baby pictures yesterday, reminding me that it was World Water Day. These adorable water babies gave me a lift, and it's also a sweet way to think about how there are plenty of lives that don't know a thing about the coronavirus.

This picture made me think of those days when I would jump out of an airplane and give myself to the air, much like these guys are doing. I didn't have any wings to flap, but they don't either, and they sure look like they're having fun. I guess all of us are looking for ways to have whatever fun we can while in isolation. I'm doing a lot of reading and watching some good programs. I'm really happy that I had subscribed to so many streaming services.

A couple of days ago I drove by the closed YMCA and I saw some of my favorite instructors on the street corners in yellow-and-black striped outfits, waving signs, while smiling at us in cars. The signs said things like, "Bee Resilient" and "Bee Helpful." I teared up as I passed by. There are so many kindnesses all around me, and it makes me very hopeful that we will get through this with an expanded appreciation of our community.

I am truly enjoying the burgeoning spring flowers everywhere. It's only going to keep getting better from here. Let's not forget to take care of each other. I stop myself from volunteering, because I am one of those who is at high risk, being in my late seventies. I keep forgetting, but I am being good and mostly staying home, unless I go for a walk in the sunshine. We have already had two deaths in my county, with 48 confirmed cases, as of yesterday.

I do hope you are doing well, and staying safe in your own little corner of the world. Let's take care of each other.
:-)

19 comments:

  1. I am hoping that the current pandemic is replaced by a kindness one. I also very glad that there are signs that it is starting to take off (and hopefully infect the world).
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing your part, DJan, by staying inside and staying well. There will not be enough medical care for all of the sick people so the fewer, the better. Even in non-pandemic times the hospitals here are overcrowded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look after yourself Djan. We all have a responsibility to stay at home and avoid spreading this virus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little ducks are adorable.
    Looks like you have set up a pretty good schedule to stay entertained. I know you miss your exercising but it will be back and boy will we appreciate it all the more.
    Actually so far all I have seen is kindness and willingness to help. Times like these often bring out the best in people. Stay safe and well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet photo. The natural world is going along as usual. Soon we will be able to do the same! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can only be a good thing if kindness spreads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little duckies!
    Since we are usually homebodies anyway, staying home isn't too hard for us. I'll post about some technology we set up today for communication with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were a parachuter? I am impressed. I never got the opportunity and probably would have been to cowardly anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of unknowns with this virus so we better stay home. after that we have to find something to keep us happy and occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you liked that fearless duck! Stay safe...check on the elderly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I DO worry about Art doing his Meals on Wheels route. It's a scary time. He takes hand sanitizer with him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bud & I were just talking with a young gentleman (a couple houses from us)...he offered to shop for us if needed. Kindness is in the hearts. We will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those fowl look nice. Quite uplifting to see this photo. Here in Hawaii there are 77 confirmed cases and 1 death.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the "bee" folks!!! How sweet!
    Home and doing fine. Take care, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending love from Georgia to Washington....
    Continue to stay safe and healthy, my friend.
    Love you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get those emails too, since I get a membership at Audubon's Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. You've always been uplifting in blogland - with your regular visits and comments. They are always appreciated! So I guess I could tell you to just: Bee Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet !
    These days surely are discouraging and surreal, but brighter times are ahead, I'm certain.
    Stay well dearheart.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.