Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Here's to a brand new year

Beautiful Lily with a toast to the last day of 2019
I have just returned home after a day out and about. I walked to the bus this morning in the dark, in the horizontal rain and blowing wind. After spending some time at the coffee shop and then the gym, I headed home in order to go out yet again, to enjoy lunch with my friend Lily before my appointment with the acupuncturist.

Between my delightful visit to the chiropractor and his teddy bear yesterday, and the needles carefully placed in my hindquarters today, I am pleased to report that my sacroiliac is happy and at peace, along with the rest of me. Although it looks like snow outside that window, it's only a trick of the light: it's simply rain, lots and lots of it. Mild temperatures, too, relatively speaking.

Tomorrow we begin a new year, a new beginning, and I'm hoping, along with much of the rest of the world, for a more peaceful and gentle time ahead. And I am thrilled that I get to share my own little corner of the world with my fellow bloggers, as well as friends and family who brighten every single day.

As I quaff my last glass of wine of the decade, I raise it to a bright and shining future, which can be anything we wish. We have it within us to do that.
:-)

21 comments:

  1. I lift my glass to yours DJan, may you have a New Year filled with love, peace and happiness.
    Cheers,
    ~Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you finished off this year and decade in a good way. Let's have a good 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that the injury is responding to treatment. All the best for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that your sacriliac is much improved, and will happily raise a glass to and with you. Here's to a kind and gentle decade to come (at least).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! So glad to hear you are in less pain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year DJan! I can’t believe that I’m still awake... awake but not up. I should get up and watch the ball drop - in just 2 minutes - it will be 2020! DH is asleep and I will be too soon. But want to wish you a Happy New Year ! Must be 12 now as I can hear fireworks going off!💫

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear you are feeling better! Have a peaceful, happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I return your toast with hope for better things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I toast you with my new coffee thermos--to a wonderful new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy first day of 2020. May the rest of the year be as bright and as hopeful. So glad you are starting it off with a sound back. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just finished our New Year’s Day brunch. I'll drink a toast to you later today, Jan. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's to you Djan. I look forward to reading more of your hikes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy New Year!! I'm lifting my glass to you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, DJan! Of all the critters who could drop by, pehaps the Bear is the most peculiar. Or maybe not.
    1. I am blogging again, at the insistance of people who look after my health. So if you go to "Bears Noting," you'll find my most recent thoughts.
    2. I hope your 2020 will be a wonderful year, even if you are not jumping out of perfectly fuctinal airplanes (or if you are). No judgement here.
    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad that you are feeling better....
    and I wish you a blessed 2020, Jan.
    I have tried to comment on your blogs from my iPhone, but I have been unsuccessful. That doesn't keep me from reading them, though.
    I am at my "trusty" computer this morning.
    I send you a hug and a smile,
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love having you in my blog family, DJan. I’m so glad the acupuncturist is working out so well. My neighbor is seeing an acupuncturist for her hip and it’s wonderful to see her able to walk again. Happy New Year again, DJan!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.