Saturday, July 14, 2018

Summer is in full swing

The rosebush taken from inside my car
Last week I mentioned that lovely rosebush I see every time I park my car. If you knew how sparse those roses have been in previous years, you would be even more impressed. The tenants' front porch inside the apartment above is also covered with lots of flowers. I took this picture just moments ago.
John, Carrie and Shane
This morning I asked if I could take a picture at Avellino's to send to Lily, who is having to work the weekend, which means she didn't get to join us either for coffee or the ladies for our walk. We had a small group this morning, just 12 of us, as we walked from the ferry terminal down the Interurban trail. It's almost 80°F here in Bellingham already today, and when I look at the forecast for the future, we'll be sunny and warm, verging on hot, for the next week or so. But it's MUCH better than many parts of the country, so I'm not complaining.
:-)

17 comments:

  1. Love the roses. Your heat is plenty hot enough for me. Even a tad too hot for my wimpy self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you walking in hotness, I walk really early and late just to my car but it's close to 100 here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That temperature sounds perfect Jan. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We toured gardens today until 2:00 and then came home and stayed indoors, where our downstairs seldom gets above 75, which is when the air conditioner comes on. We are getting hotter again, maybe 90 on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the peak time for blooms. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses! What a visual feast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roses are beautiful!
    Nice of you to share the day with the missing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had the heat here in the Northeast. But now ... the blessed rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya, 80° sounds tolerable to me!! LOVELY rose bush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does she let you cut any? Regardless, you get to enjoy them daily. 102 right now. 80 sounds like sweater weather. Enjoy the lovely part of the states you live in. It is special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful roses! We have had ho but are cooling down a bit now 70's I love 70's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I knew the secret to getting somany blooms on a rose bush!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always nice to see colorful flowers and greenery outside. I prefer hot over cold, so your weather would be ideal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely roses.....
    And the second photo made me smile for reasons unbeknown to anyone but me: brought back a fond memory. My daughter had a favorite pair of coveralls/overalls.
    She was a wee little girl, and she said ,”I Looooove my ovie alls. They gots pockets on ‘em.”
    Wonderful how those memories of long ago wash over the heart and bring such a smile to my face.
    Sending a smile to you, my friend....from here in South Georgia/North Florida.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear DJan, like you, I tend to compare things happening to me to what others are enduring and always I realize just how fortunate I am! Peace.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.