Saturday, July 21, 2018

Our morning walk

The viewpoint on this morning's walk
This morning fourteen of us ladies met at the Lake Whatcom parking lot (that's the body of water behind us) and went on a new (for this group anyway) destination, the viewpoint on the Chanterelle trail. The Trailblazers use this particular trail as a beginning for a longer hike, but today all these wonderful ladies went on it together for the first time.

I learned that it's taking me longer to recover from hard hikes like I did last Thursday, because I went to turn on the juice and walk at our regular fast pace, and the legs just wouldn't go. I lagged far behind today, and Lily stayed with me while I struggled to deal with my painful quads and calves. It's not a long hike, just five miles round trip, so once we reached this view I suggested that the two of us would mosey back slowly, since going downhill is more difficult than going up  on these legs right now.

A nice person who was also at the top took this lovely picture of us, so I am in it as well! And now it's afternoon and my legs are doing just fine. Tomorrow I'll be back in the swing of things, I'm hoping. It's my rest day anyway.
:-)

10 comments:

  1. Great bunch and a great view. Heck I would still be up there resting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look after your important self. Please. And enjoy your day of rest.
    Love those smilng faces and the spectacular views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that I had to swallow my pride and do much more stretching before and after a hard hike. Even then I paid the price sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun group. Take is easy for a few days Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listening to your body becomes a new occupation as we age. ;) Looks like it was a beautiful hike, though. Glad you have such good friends like Lily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly are bouncing back quickly if your legs are all ready better. I'd still be moaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are taking things a little slowly. That's a really good photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful group of ladies...
    And it's so nice to see YOU in the group photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, don't over do it. Everything in moderation.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.