Saturday, March 25, 2017

Lake Padden, a month later

Lily at Lake Padden this morning

It was just a month ago that Lily and I had joined the Saturday walking group and my hip seized up on me. I've been dealing with it ever since, and today was the first time I felt I might actually be able to keep up with the Saturday walk's fast pace. At least I could make some decision about it and turn around at any point if necessary. Lily and I joined the dozen or so ladies and started our walk with excitement, enjoying the lack of rain, since it rained on the way over to the lake. I can also hear rain on the roof now, but I'm warm and cozy inside. We've continued to have lots of rain; you can see the grass is pretty soggy looking behind Lily.

I made it around the lake once without having to stop, although I was slower, at the end of the walkers. I decided not to make the second loop, though, since of all the exercises I do, fast walking causes it to hurt the most. On the way home, I asked Lily if she would stop with me at the local marijuana store, so I could pick up some topical ointment for the hip. When we walked in, I was surprised that it wasn't busy. The guy behind the counter was very helpful. He told me that he just yesterday received a new shipment of "Flow," which he says is his best  seller.

I have used some other topical cannabis ointments, so I knew they can be very effective, but this one is twice as expensive, so I was hesitant. But after reading the directions, I decided to give it a try. The part that convinced me was this: "Flow CBD gel can be applied to sore muscles, arthritic joints, minor burns and abrasions. Effects can be felt within seconds of application." Here's more information if you're interested. Unfortunately, you can't get it outside of Washington State and unless you're over 21.

I came home and dropped my drawers and massaged the oil into my hip area. Yep, I could feel the warmth, so I pulled everything back up and sat down to write this post. As I sit here, I can feel the continued warmth, and lo and behold, the pain in my hip is very much less!  Apparently it reaches its maximum strength after about an hour and maintains its effects for several hours longer. I'm sold! And in the time it has taken for me to write this post, the pain is completely gone. Yay!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. I am so glad for you. And a tad envious.
    Super impressed you listened to your body and only did the one circuit too. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flow seems to be a great tool. However I wonder what the source of the hip seizing is. Do you get enough sulphur in your diet? Ever made use of MSM supplementation? Buddy finds it help him a lot. I now use it too. He takes capsules and I use crystals mixed in water.
    Our PM is slow at legalising cannabis products here but it was a campaign promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flow sounds great. I wonder will such a product ever be available here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some good stuff. I rub geranium oil into my hip on those evenings when my sciatica flares up. It too seems to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have many new options for treatment. It hasn't come here yet.Now don't try using this stuff so that you can go for a walk and not have pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had some relief from your hip pain! NY state is very behind the times with respect to medical marijuana. It's too bad, because I know it could help a lot of folks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never used any cannabis products, medically or otherwise, but that doesn't mean I might not in the future. It's always good to know about what's available.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I am over 21. That sounds really helpful and I am glad you have access to it. Arkansas has approved medical usage so maybe someday soon. I'm game to try.
    So glad you faced your foe and won--at least mostly. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if we could bring it back with us into BC when we're out there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am deathly allergic to the smoke and odors associated with harvesting marijuana. My lungs actually seize and I stop breathing. So I hope they are warning users about possible allergic reactions. For those who don't have problems with it, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it worked to relieve the ache. But ... does it give you the munchies as well?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm....wonder if I can get that stuff at the pot shops here in Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay....but don't inhale!!! LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. No kidding? Flow? Hmmmm.... I'll have to remember this for whenever I get myself to your area again. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.