Thursday, November 23, 2023

Hassle free Turkey Day

Not a bad selfie

I managed to get a halfway satisfactory selfie of the two of us as we prepared our Thanksgiving dinner. This was the easiest, and one of the best, Thanksgiving meals I have enjoyed in years. Our local food co-op offers a "leave the work to us" Thanksgiving dinner, with stuffing, gravy, lots of turkey breast, mashed potatoes (that taste wonderful), butternut squash, green beans, and cranberry sauce. Other than the last item, everything else was freshly prepared and made from scratch.

Enough to serve four guests

We were able to prepare a lovely plate for each of us and slide them into the microwave for three minutes. It's been awhile since I've tasted such good green beans and potatoes (both of which were buttered and seasoned to perfection). 

My Thanksgiving plate

We had an early lunch, since I had skipped breakfast I didn't want to wait any longer, and then around 3:00pm we had seconds. And we still have an enormous amount of food left over for us to enjoy for the next couple of days. It was nice to eat just enough and not get stuffed all at once. I took a nice walk in between, and I have to say that this is definitely the way to go, no hassle, great food, and great company. Time for a lovely glass of wine to finish off the day.

:-)

15 comments:

  1. Good for you. It all looks delicious.
    Our dinner was as hassle free as I could make it. I gave out jobs. The turkey was done almost on time, everything was good, and the follow up wreath making and then pie eating were all achieved within Jakes scheduled departure time. He is off to join cousins and drive to Rockaway tonight.
    I and very happy to be home with my feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Great photo of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well , that's a bonus. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds perfect - and it is lovely to see SG too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that it worked out for you. We ordered a TG dinner in early-C19 times. We were not pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great dinner. I could never eat that plate of food, too many foods touching. That aversion is getting worse as I get older as I actually get nauseated. My plate had turkey, stuffing and potatoes...all spaced apart:) Later I had beans and applesauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very nice to see a photo of you two!!! Happy Thanksgiving indeed! Easy peasy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving Day. The selfie is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounded delicious and that's a nice selfie of you and SG, DJan. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful selfie. Nice to see such a lovely couple, and glad to know you shared a lovely meal together. I love having someone else do the cooking but this year I did most of it as we actually had company around our table, the first time in a long time. And the food had to be vegan so I did it myself, not knowing of any local food place that does vegan Thanksgiving meals. We ate vegan hamburgers on Wednesday at a wonderful woman-owned place downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice selfie! I would like to have a hassle free turkey day but family commitments don't allow for it. I do order the whole turkey and fixings from a local organization but it is still a hassle setting up and making more sides, etc. each year. Ah well, I am glad it is over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great photo of you two, the first I can remember of both of you! And a great Thanksgiving dinner too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo too! And your Thanksgiving dinner looks great! However... no pie??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww... DJan, I'm loving that photo of you and your Smart Guy. And hearing about and seeing all your food minus the work is making me hungry. It's 4:35 PM now so I need to get cracking. Since our Thanksgiving is this coming Saturday and we have to do most of the work, it won't be as wonderfully relaxing as yours. Sigh... Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.