Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Old memories

Taken more than a decade ago


I recently found a bunch of old photos on a thumb drive (actually, SG did), and I loved seeing this old memory again. It was taken, I'm pretty sure, by an old friend, Mike, who no longer hikes with the Trailblazers. Then again, neither do I. These days I go out with one or perhaps two others, mostly Melanie, because I have trouble going as fast these days as I once did. No matter, I am happy to still be able to go out in the wonderful wilderness that surrounds Bellingham. This was taken on a snowshoe trip, obviously in the middle of winter. The picture has a February 2011 date. Those camp robbers are everywhere and extremely bold, but it made for a nice picture, don't you think?

These last three nights I have gotten plenty of sleep, which makes everything look better. I have recovered from the time change, and although it was really cold when I first arrived home last Thursday, the temperature has moderated considerably. However, the trails and places not directly in sunlight are quite slippery. Every step is taken with the awareness that my footing might not be secure. Yep. Not worrying so much about the speed I'm walking as much as whether it's safe to venture forth. A fall at my age needs to be avoided at all costs. 

Today I have an appointment with my acupuncturist, and I'll be asking for more serenity, which usually means more needles in my scalp. They are actually my favorite ones: I get a wonderful rush of pleasure that goes right from the top of my head all the way down to my toes. Now who wouldn't enjoy that? He told me that some of his clients call them "the sparkles." I will also ask if he might be able to help my digestive system get back to normal. Other than those minor little problems, I'm feeling pretty darn good, considering. The holidays take it out of everyone to some degree. We've got another month of holiday gatherings, unhealthy foods, and dubious weather conditions. We'll make it, with a little help from our friends. 

:-)

13 comments:

  1. I love the thought of receiving sparkles to the head. I may have to investigate.
    Thank you for sharing the beauty of your surrounds and please, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! Nice scenery, hope you have a good afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Love the picture. Have fun with your sparkles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your 'sparkles' are wonderful! And let us know if needles can help the digestive system? Love the look of all that snow... but wouldn't want to be out in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to go to Bellingham and get one of those sparkle sessions. I could use it. And I know what you mean about those falls. When I fall, I've usually broken something. You should post a photo of your sky diving days too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really was a bold little bird. Cute picture.
    I think you have us all wanting sparkles. Hope the needle man can fix your tummy too. Glad you are rested and back in your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holidays are busy times. And fattening foods. And Sugary.
    Love the photo you shared. Post card material.

    Take care...enjoy your hiker buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The joys of the holidays. I dread them and yet there is something so magical about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to the gatherings but not the changes in our regular diet though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the old memories. They help connect quite a few things together, I have a pair of cleats that I use on icy surfaces. We seem to have more ice in the recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pic looks like a very fine memory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As they say . . . Keep on truckin'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a nice picture! Just love it. Enjoy the acupuncture.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.