Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Loving the sun, but heading home soon

Hibiscus flower

I am so enjoying this incredible weather here in Florida, but even though it's snowing, blowing and overall yucky at home, I will be very glad to return to my own Pacific Northwest environment and my sweet partner, and my friends at the coffee shop. I've had a long enough vacation in the sunshine. 

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and allow my flight to take off on time at 7:15am. I see there is a big weather disturbance in the Midwest, but I don't see anything that we shouldn't be able to avoid. But who knows?

Because my flight is early in the morning on Thursday, which also is my birthday, I decided to give myself a treat and spend the night before my flight at the Tampa airport in a cushy hotel room. It will provide a more serene beginning to my long trip. Plus, Norma Jean won't need to drive me to the airport before dawn; instead we will head down to my sister Markee's home in Apollo Beach tomorrow, the day before, and enjoy her and her husband Bob's company. They want to take us out to dinner, which will be fine. Afterwards, we will get into Norma Jean's car and she will drive me directly to the airport, less than an hour away.

All the rest of my family members made it to their respective homes safe and sound, and once I look out the airplane window and see Seattle's Space Needle below (assuming we can see anything, that is), I'll be only one three-hour shuttle ride away from my own home in Bellingham. You know I will be very happy to pull into the end of that ride, looking around for SG's car. He's bringing me three overcoats, just in case!

My Thursday post will not be on time, probably. Nothing is ever guaranteed when one is traveling. So, who knows? Until then, I'll be happily getting accustomed once again to the Pacific time zone. And I look forward to my first visit back to the coffee shop!

:-)


18 comments:

  1. This is lovely to read - and your birthday present to yourself sounds excellent. Have a good flight home - and a very, very happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan to be right there at a cushy hotel before the flight sounds decadent and very practical. Have a safe trip home. Coffee with your friends will be waiting for you and more hikes with Melanie--and your sweetheart with open arms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of the PNW as mild enough, but I guess subtropical Florida is another step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a thoughtful birthday gift to yourself but also for your sister. No stress for anyone. Hope you have a nice safe flight home with no crying babies on board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts while you are on this reunion/birthday gathering. I’m happy for you that things are working out so well. You may very well need the coats SG is bringing for you. We had our first snow this morning and a Winter Weather Advisory begins today for the Seattle area at 1PM. Safe journey home DJan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That time flew! It is amazing to me how so many of us are ready for home when the time comes! Safe journey, Jan. Enjoy the time with your sisters tomorrow!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Safe travels, DJan! It's Wednesday night here when I'm reading this, so I'm guessing you're either out to dinner or are already settled in at the airport hotel... and will be on your flight home in the morning. Here's hoping your trip home is both pleasant and uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction: it's Tuesday night here... 8:09 pm. So, you have another day with your family. Hurray!

      Delete
  8. You've had so much fun on this trip you might as well turn around and do it all over again! Have a safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 7:15 flight! You'll have to get up at the crack of ... oh, good move, stay overnight at the airport. Anyway, as you say, it's great to be away and see family; but it's great to get home as well. Have a good flight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will be coming home to cold, wet, slushy and maybe snowy weather, but that's all just part of our true seasons. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
    Wishing you a Happy Birthday and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy Birthday in a few days! I hope you arrive home safely and celebrate for a few days:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good itinerary. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like staying in hotels - even when visiting family. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to you. I don’t comment on your blogs typically but really enjoy reading what you have to say. I find your thoughts and attitude very inspirational. Thank you for letting us all be a part of your world. Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday DJan! I don't know where you are at present, but wanted to wait until today to wish you a Happy 80th--that is some milestone. I sure hope you're healthy, happy & well, and looking forward to your thoughts for years to come! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I certainly know your Smart Guy will be happy to have you back safe and sound. It sounds like a VERY happy, totally wonderful family trip. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.