Saturday, March 23, 2019

Signs of spring

Blossoms!
Walking to my yoga class on Friday, I saw that the cherry (?) trees are already in bloom in Fairhaven. I was happy to see this unmistakable sign of spring greeting my eyes. And I have to say that the yoga class is just what my sore and tired body needed after Thursday's hard hike. Getting out of bed was the worst part of my day; before too long I only had to hang onto the rails when descending stairs. By the end of class, I was feeling much better.
Display at the local grocery store
This morning I walked 5.2 miles around Lake Padden twice with the ladies (and Gordon), and some of us went to the local grocery store for coffee together afterwards.  Now that I am home and all worked out for the day, I decided to do some household chores and then sit down in my easy chair and take it, well, easy!
:-)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely blossoms. It'll be May here before cherry trees blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once the cherry blossom arrives you know it's Spring. You deserve a rest after all that activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the light rail into the city this morning and then walked up the hill to the KP Medical Center for my echo-cardiogram. It was about 1:30 before I got back home for my lunch. I only walked about a mile and a half altogether, but now my legs hurt and I feel like doing nothing. I'm not very good at doing nothing though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what you mean, DJan. I showed up at the pottery studio at 10 am this morning. There was a time when I was there by 8:30. Now I'm finding it harder to get up and out... and I agree that once I'm out, I'm fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the cherries and magnolia in bloom in Abbotsford.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good that you have something like yoga to fix a tired aching body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We’re still remembering all the gorgeous trees we saw in Seattle that happy spring. We’re still so grateful to you and Linda for telling us to change our flight times because of the early blooming that year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been above freezing and melting here. Nice to see things blooming your way and all the greenery at the market. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad the yoga was able to soothe your aching joints and muscles. Looks like you had a really pretty day to walk with the ladies--and one gent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're ahead of us here outside of Philly. We have no blossoms, just some daffodils beginning to poke up thru the mud. B has started yoga and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No spring here, because we have perpetual summer in Hawaii. Lol. Glad you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yoga helps me with a hip problem too.

    Glad you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have had sore calves after your hike the other day...and you were wise to yoga. You, tho, continue to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.