Saturday, April 21, 2018

Week ahead looks good

Tulips!
Yesterday Lily and I went to RoozenGaarde for the April Tulip Festival. It was one of the first days that the tulip gardens weren't waterlogged after the rain we've been having, pretty much constantly for the first part of April.
Lovely purple field of tulips
Behind the display gardens are acres and acres of beautiful tulips, enough for anyone to get an eyeful of color. We spent a couple of hours there, and I took enough pictures to chronicle the displays for this year, but it is nothing compared to the enormous number of pictures Lily took (it was her first time). And Linda Reeder? If you really want a great tour, take a look at her pictures here. She always takes lots of pictures, so I don't have to.

This morning we ladies met at Lake Padden for our usual two trips around the lake. Lily had to work today, so she wasn't there, unfortunately. I managed to twist my ankle and took a fall at the beginning of the second lap, and now I'm sitting here with a throbbing ankle. It still works, other than a twinge when I first stand on it, so I think it should be fine in a day or two. I did go twice around, thinking that moving it would be a good idea. It isn't swollen, so I should be able to work in the garden with no problem. It would be a real shame if I were to wait this long for the weather to improve and then get banged up, unable to dig in the dirt.

The best part of all this rain is that the weeds should come up without much tugging. I'm anxious to get started!
:-)



14 comments:

  1. Hooray for tulips. And gardening. We are just preparing the ground and planting tulips (and other spring bulbs).
    Sigh on the ankle front - I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tulips! Our festival comes in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I haven't seen that spam before.

    So sorry about your ankle. I hope it mends quickly. The tulips are gorgeous! I always love it when you go to this festival.

    Finally, my irises are beginning to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you have some good things and bad things to report. Be cautious with the ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tulip pics! Hooray for sunny warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I welcome visitors to my blog for the tulip tour. Thanks for the mention, DJan.
    Sorry about that ankle. Be cautious. You don't and to miss Thursday hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your ankle heals quickly, Jan. The tulips are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tulips. I wish there were a tulip festival here in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your ankle is okay soon.
    Gorgeous tulips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch, so sorry about the bum ankle. Hope it doesn't keep you from getting your hands dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope it is just a sprain or a strain and heals up soon, ice it and rest and put it up! Your tulip photos are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear DJan, it's a gift to be able to find the good in every happening--like the rain loosening the earth so the weeds come up easily. And the walking helping the twisted ankle. I hope it is feeling much better now with no lasting effects. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh dear...hope your ankle boo-boo is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We sure did love walking through those gardens with you.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.